Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to take a look at our Pat trap over the weekend......what shall I be looking for? I know that we have in the past adjusted the brake on the arm in the winter/cold weather, but its not cold now!!!
Any advice welcome. I did find some previous threads just now and they suggest the brake and inspect there...
If we find the problem, I will advise here...

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
You can also check the pull cord. Had one at our club that was shot and the lead shot was making a short in the wires. Run your fingers down the cord and feel for small bumps.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
It depends on which one you have.
My advice is to call Mike at Golden West. Won't cost you a dime, and he will probably know right away what the problem is.
You can find the number on the Pat Trap Ad that is floating around.
Rick in MT

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Ours was doing that once. Turned out someone had spilled water into the Canterbury wireless control module. An easy fix for once.:rolleyes:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
464 Posts
First disconnect your trap release cord to see if something in that system is causing the problem. If you still have a problem check out your throw arm limit switch. In the trap house when behind the machine on the left hand side under the gear belt pulley wheel you will see two micro switches mounted on a bracket. There is a thumb screw that you can loosen that will allow you to move the bracket front or back . Try that adjustment and that should take care of your problem. That or the #2 micro switch is defective. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Had this happen at the club this morning. The cord between the trap house and the control box had the wires pulled and crossed at the plug. I found the problem because I remembered this thread. We tried the usual stuff without success. Checked the forum and unplugged that cord. Problem stopped. Took the cord apart and fixed the problem. Thanks for the information all.

·
Registered
944 Posts
First disconnect your trap release cord to see if something in that system is causing the problem. If you still have a problem check out your throw arm limit switch. In the trap house when behind the machine on the left hand side under the gear belt pulley wheel you will see two micro switches mounted on a bracket. There is a thumb screw that you can loosen that will allow you to move the bracket front or back . Try that adjustment and that should take care of your problem. That or the #2 micro switch is defective. Good luck.
I bet the thumb screw on the right side of the machine while facing it from the field has gotten loose.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't get to it until after it was fixed but the word was that there was a target chip in a micro switch?? Simple repair

1 - 12 of 12 Posts