Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of Pat Trap Hydraulic pumps that are starting to make noise. Called Pat Trap to buy pumps and they only sell complete units, pump, motor and hoses. $750 . Any idea what I can replace just the pumps with? How much volume do I need? How much pressure? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Try buying just the end block from the cylinder. I called the company that makes the cylinder, they said they only sell that cylinder to PAT, no one else. I called PAT, they said they could probably come up with a part for me. I figured it out, got lucky.

Why not change the oil and see what happens. We have one that is noisy and been so for many years. Could the newer "G" series be retro-fitted with an older Mack truck pump set up from an older "G"?

·
Registered
126 Posts
We had two units that started making noise and tripping the breaker on the motor. PAT trap replaced both motors free of charge. I thought they were going to replace entire pump/motor, but sent just the motors. Switched out motors and problem solved. They've been used for about a year with no more problems.

Take Care and Shoot Well,

Marty Hill

·
Registered
613 Posts
There should be several hydraulic service companies in any metro area which could service these pumps. I have rebuilt a lot of hydraulic units over the years. Usually new seals and gasket kits are in the $20. range.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
WW Grainger....has everything you need to rebuild your belt drive hydraulic units. The best option is to go to the newer direct drive models with the hydraulic resivoir tank mounted on the rear. MUCH better setup. Longer service life as well.

We own 5 Pattraps, all with direct drive units.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Change the hydraulic fluid and check the filter. Make sure the noise is not coming from the motor.

Unless they have been run low on fluid the pumps just go forever. We have had 16 and never had a pump go bad.

How many targets on these machines?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bought a hydraulic pump/motor with plans to build my own hydraulic assist for my PW reloader but ended up running across a deal on a PW hydraulic unit instead. The pump/motor should work in this application just fine. If your interested shoot me a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts