Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone,
I need some assistance with a Pat Trap that won't throw hard lefts. The machine will oscillate to the far left side and rotate back to the right. I don't feel it's a matter of someone not calling for a target when it gets there. There is no delay when it gets to the left side. Any info is appreciated or a contact would be great!

thank you - Kurt

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My first guess would be the interrupter also. If not, it is a good idea to have a spare in case one goes out during a shoot.

You might try just unplugging and re plugging the interrupter to assure the contacts are making good connection. That may be all you need. Ray

·
Registered
18 Posts
Doughboy

Ours was doing the same, 70%-80% of the birds were on the same side,I greased it and now it works great, just make sure you get all the fitting. I think there are four and one was hard to get at. Try this first,I think you will happy. Illuminati

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have someone at the trap and someone on a speaker. When the machine gets to the far left, have the person at the machine signal for a bird. If you get a bird repeat the process with less than hard lefts moving to center. As far as I know the interupter does just that. Remove the interupter, put a jumper wire into postions 2&3 on the 8 pin relay base and the machine will move left and right continuosly. I don't think it has anything to do with the release switch, which is switch 1 (either speaker or pull cord). The number 11 and 12 switches control the left and right bird angles respectively. As I recall, When I have lost one of these (rare) the machine wont go in that direction. Vince and the factory may have more input here. I suspect perhaps this maybe more an issue of short squads and or timing of the squads calling for birds. I think we all have noticed that if a squad has a cadence calling for targets at close to the same time interval,like every 3-2.5 seconds? You can expect to see 3 out of 5 targets at close to the same angles on every post.
hope this helps.

Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.