Trapshooters Forum banner

Pat Trap help.

1760 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Jon Reitz
Does anyone know who the closest Pat trap repair expert would be for southwest Mn. ? I thought I had heard that Metro Gun Club had a guy or was a dealer for Pats. Thanks for any help.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our machines are at least 10-15 years old. They have been good but last year and this year it seems like it's just one thing after another. Broken birds, out of time, windmilling etc.. We have an electrician that is our youth coach and he does a good job of getting things going, but it is killing our squadding and just frustrating. We figure it would be worth it to have a pro come and look all 3 traps over and replace whatever is worn out and maybe give us a little crash course. Thanks for answering.

· Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Our machines are at least 10-15 years old. They have been good but last year and this year it seems like it's just one thing after another. Broken birds, out of time, windmilling etc.. We have an electrician that is our youth coach and he does a good job of getting things going, but it is killing our squadding and just frustrating. We figure it would be worth it to have a pro come and look all 3 traps over and replace whatever is worn out and maybe give us a little crash course. Thanks for answering.
You can also down load the manual for your machine it is free. Most of the stuff your talking about are easy.
once you get instructions from Charlie look at the pictures. Prolly needs new brush. How is the rubber on the throwing bar. And more basic

· Keystone Shooter
2,681 Posts
Broken birds, double throws. Our Pat trap guy, who worked for Pat Traps for 25 years,(retired now) said dirty. Small broken bird chips, and dirt. Clean the trap. We keep a Shop Vac in the trap house. Blow out the small chips and dirt. Then sweep it up. Along with a fine camel hair brush to sweep the debris out of the trap.
Once every other month my trap guys remove all the birds off of the plate and throughly clean and regrease the trap. Oh and we keep an electric heater in the trap house. Keep the house closed up with the heater on, and turn on the trap, hydraulic pump, a half hour before we are going to shoot. Electric heater keeps the trap house warm when it’s cold out.

· Registered
97 Posts
I'm not sure when they switched from the SW to the G model, but there are a couple of upgrade kits that are well worth installing if you have the older SW. I did that to our older machine a couple of years ago and it is much more reliable.

Jerry

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. We had the houses and traps all clean before we opened this spring, and we keep spare brushes on hand. Seems like they keep getting out of time more than before. I'll check on the upgrades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.