Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a problem with 1 of our Pats (older model-non wobble) getting stuck on left angles. This is a private (but very friendly--can bring guests--ATA--etc.) club, mostly volunteer help "honor system" (Vince does service our machines once a year). So every member has access to use the machines, we can't figure out why this happens, it is set to ATA regulation for angles ie #2 hole.

With no one there to monitor\check who--when--how--etc. Given that it\they are capable of wider angles we wonder if anybody else has experienced this. I have noticed that when I go to try to get it unstuck that the left limit switch is always moved away from the stop bar. The directions say to just "snug" the set screw on the limit switches, maybe we are not snugging them tight enough???? To the best of my knowledge this has never happened at a registered shoot or when myself and a few friends are just practicing.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for the long explanation. Thanks in advance. Ross Puls

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
If someone is trying to throw a harder angle then the piston is going past the internal magnet, This happens sometimes. Place the toggle switch in manuel and run the trap back to the center with the left/right buttons. reset the magnets and put the toggle switch in auto. You should be ready. This happens at our club when the sporting clays boys us the trap..

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grunt: Sometimes that works, but sometimes it is just plain stuck and I haven't figured out exactly what we do to get it unstuck. The pump (new style) really howls and screams when it's stuck. It pops the little button on the upper hydraulic chamber, and sometimes resetting that releases the pressure so we can get it moving again.

We hate to disable the manual feature because some shooters like to practice doubles.

I just hate it when I get outsmarted by a pile of iron???? Ross

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ross, One of the really neat things about Trapshooters.com is all the info that is put out here!! When you ask everyone to help find a problem with your Pat trap it would be really nice if you made a final post with what you found out caused the problem. I maintain six pat traps at a small gun club in Oregon and I gather a lot of info from other peoples pat trap problems. Thanks for taking the time to read me post.

Tom B. in Oregon

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
When things really get bad, we call the master surgeon....Vince.

I know I look pretty dumb standing in the trap house with the roof rolled back talking on the cell phone but Vince always has the answer.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
34model12: Will try to remember to do that but may take a while to find out if we solved the problem.

Yes this is a wonderful site, a wealth of info on just about any subject and the best people to buy--sell--trade with, am yet to be dissatisfied with any deal. Ross Puls

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have two pat traps at our club in orient ohio and sunday we got ready to shoot and both traps at the same time stuck to the left could it be a power issue? And the relays inside the bow on the trap have prongs missing is that normal or does it sound fishy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts