Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pat trap .... the right bird comes out with a right tilt \\\\\ but not that slanted.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Check the height of the arm against the rim of the target. The rubber should be about 1/16 th of an inch above the contact rim on the target. Sand the rail regularly. Roger C.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Monty - Like Trapshooter said above, you need a new rubber on the throw arm. I've never had much luck with sanding them. I bought a spare throw arm from Pat so that I can swap them when a rubber needs to be replaced, and send the worn one to Pat to install a new rubber. It's not a big deal to remove and replace the arm. Mo

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Yes I have checked the speed several times also when you line the birds between 1 & 2 it is off on 3 & 4 This is about the only machine I have ever had that happen to the degree this one does it. If you line up between 1 & 2 If I remember correctly it throws inside or to the left of strait on 3 & 4 . I always set the speed first, then level them and check the right and left..95% of the time if you set the left bird the right one will be correct.But not this machine. I 'm not sure how old the arm is the but that is an easy change....if you a long enough rope to let the arm off....learned that from the school of hard knocks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Replace your throwing arm rubber.
Its easy to replace the rubber's yourself, just call Pat Trap and have them send you some.
I just replace are rubber's on are 5 traps 3 weeks ago and wow can you see a big difference in the targets.
After I pulled the arms off it took me all but 30 mins to replace all 5 rubber's.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Hkx3,
The GMV Super Star is a trap machine made in Sweden. It throws
very good targets and is easy to adjust. It is by far the best machine
I have ever worked on. HMB

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hkx3,
The GMV Super Star is a trap machine made in Sweden. It throws
very good targets and is easy to adjust. It is by far the best machine
I have ever worked on. HMB
I understand that part, and completely believe that the SuperStar is a great trap.

My point was, I see this type of post across every forum I'm on, and I fail to see how it's helpful.

I would wager any amount of money the OP of this thread will not buy a new trap, especially a completely different trap when a rubber or setting can fix the issue.

I liken this to a guy on a car forum asking about why his engine overheats in traffic, and the responses all say "trade it for a new car...they sell them right down the street"

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Hkx3,
It is both informative and helpful, because it gives the poster an alternative
method to solve the problem he is having with his present machine. HMB

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
hmb, what is the process to level the GMV doubles targets? One club I shoot at won't level the birds, said it's a pain in the butt.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
First thing I would do is use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of any debris
in the machine. That might solve the problem. Next I would check the
arm and the brushes. HMB

·
Registered
65 Posts
First thing I would do is use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of any debris
in the machine. That might solve the problem. Next I would check the
arm and the brushes. HMB
Lol and there is the useful response that could have been posted earlier. Weird :sign11:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts