Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America & to the Republic for which it stands; one nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Pass it on.....

·
Premium Member
10,496 Posts
We live is a subdivision full of kids. A couple of years ago I bought a mini golf/shooting cart and the kids all love to take an evening ride with me.

One of the neighbors has a huge flagpole in the front yard. Every time we pass the flag, we stop the cart, get out, face the flag, put our hands over our hearts and recite the Pledge. If I forget to stop they scream bloody murder. They do it to the top of their lungs and we talk about US history until they get bored....which doesn't take too long. About a block.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This thread brought back fond memories of about 1975 when we were visiting my in-law's the first time in a Pompano Beach condo complex and there was a retired Navy fellow there that every morning would raise the flag at the complex flag pole. He tought my son to salute and recite the pledge as the retired fellow raised Old Glory. This was a daily routine most of the 10 days or so we were there.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
It sickens me to see people who leave their hats on, not having their hand over their hearts etc when the flag is going up or the National Anthem is being played. Our President is one of them. I have seen him fail to salute the flag many times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.