Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great article in today's Amarillo Globe News by Walter Williams about restoring Constitutional values. I think I have the website address correct above if you are interested. Charlie

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Charlie I couldn't get it to come up, but with the problems I have been having with my ISP it doesn't surprise me

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat- I'll check it out. I may have left out a forward slash or something. LOL.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try this. I told you I screwed it up!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
For thos who might not know, Dr. Williams was (is?) the Chair of Economics at George Mason University. He is a black scholar and a close friend of Dr. Thomas Sowell, another national treasure.

The question of separation is, "How can that be accomplished?" The Civil War supposedly put an end to the notion that the Union was divisible. Yet, how else can this be done? Or is that notion incorrect. Can a State which voluntarily surrendered a portion of its sovereignty to a national government under a Constitution which strictly limited the power of that national government, withdraw its consent when the national government oversteps the limits granted by that and the other States? The answer seems straightforward to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts