Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD-I'm still moving stuff out and here is a nice looking Parker VH 16 ga that is built on the O (20) gauge frame. It's strictly a shooter grade gun and not a collectors piece. It's been entirely redone by Del Grego years back and --no--I don't have any documentation. The gun started life in 1910 as a 28 inch pistol grip gun. As you will see, it's now a straight grip gun with 26 inch barrels and a skeet style beavertail. The wood is nice and appropriate for the VH grade gun. The muzzle end of the barrels has the matting end about an eight inch short of the end and it looks real but the barrels have NO choke. This would make a dandy grouse or woodcock gun with light loads or a good pheasant gun with stouter loads over a pointing dog. Inside of 25 years or so--it is deadly! The chambers are 2 3/4 inches. Of note is that the beavertail has the later reinforcing rod and screw at the front of the forend. The long tang is well done with the serial number properly engraved. The stock dimensions over a dogs head buttplate are 14 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. The gun weighs 6bs 9oz and I suspect that the beavertail adds quite a bit of weight. That said the gun balances well and points very nicely with twin ivory beads. The metal and wood finish are just about perfect as are the screws. The bores are excellent. The gun is tight and top lever is well to the right. So--if you want a smaller bore Parker that looks really nice and don't want to take out a second mortgage--you might want to consider this gun. PRICED TO SELL AT $1895 DELIVERED!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hell of a price for any O frame 16GA Parker. I have the exact same gun with a splinter and I wouldn't take the for mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts