Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gun in question is a Parker 12 SxS. It seems to function well except it requires a little extra force to hold it open enough to extract the spent shells. It is also a little hard to open after firing, but once opened, it is easy to open and close, until fired again. This gun was restored at some point and is beautiful. It is very smooth with no indications of poor lubrication or a burr in the mechanism. It may not be something that is easily addressed but I would like a better understanding of why it is happening. Any thoughts or suggestions?

· Premium Member
Brownings
1,218 Posts
The gun in question is a Parker 12 SxS. It seems to function well except it requires a little extra force to hold it open enough to extract the spent shells. It is also a little hard to open after firing, but once opened, it is easy to open and close, until fired again. This gun was restored at some point and is beautiful. It is very smooth with no indications of poor lubrication or a burr in the mechanism. It may not be something that is easily addressed but I would like a better understanding of why it is happening. Any thoughts or suggestions?
One shot or two? Either barrel?

· Registered
581 Posts
My guess is steel headed shells. Shoot a few AA's or STS or Nitro 27's in it. I had the same problem with my 21's.

· Registered
407 Posts
I believe that a TV show had a feature Rebuild Dad's Old Gun (a model 21). Briley did the rebuild and
if I recall that hammers travel back to sears farther than when new. This causes you to have to push back
hammers by opening farther to allow empties to clear receiver. I will try to find the name of the old show,
but a call to Briley will probably get an answer. I have a Baker with same problem, but I live with it.

· Registered
407 Posts
I believe that a TV show had a feature Rebuild Dad's Old Gun (a model 21). Briley did the rebuild and
if I recall that hammers travel back to sears farther than when new. This causes you to have to push back
hammers by opening farther to allow empties to clear receiver. I will try to find the name of the old show,
but a call to Briley will probably get an answer. I have a Baker with same problem, but I live with it.
The TV show was Shotgun Journal with Bruce Scott and Mary Fisher, by Sunrise Productions.
The Model 21 was Bruce Scott's Dad's. Briley did a complete restoration including cutting out shell
rings or stops of barrels. I believe the full rebuild was spread over 2 Shotgun Journal episodes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.