Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you by chance have a work order or the invoice for the work done ?
If you do it will be a big help in getting your price

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume this is a scam as the owner doesn’t answer questions
be careful with this one….

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
jsa3107, Not sure who you are but I assure you and everyone else here daddy-j is a stand up guy. His guns are top notch and so is his word. Bill Grill

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Forty some positive feedback under what name on gunbroker? Is the gun being offered on gunbroker now. It is a very attractive refinish at a fair price.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is simple really
I asked for a Del Greco invoice
As most understand if you have a invoice from Del greco this would be the real deal
It doesn’t make any difference how many positive feed back
the proof or what he has is in the proof
If anyone wants to buy a Del Greco done gun without proof be my guest
Frankly the way this gun was changed isn’t worth the asking price if Del greco didn’t do it
Bill Grill If you have that much faith it is from Del greco I would assume you would be all over this one
Go for it……..

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
jsa, You obviously don't read well. Follow along now. I said Jake was a man of his word and a stand up guy. His phone number is in the post if "YOU" have questions call him. I have bought more than one gun from him and have sold him more than one. Have been thoroughly pleased with every transaction. "Assume" just makes a ass out of you and me. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ok how about someone calling Del Grego and see if they have a record of this gun. the serial number is in plane view in the photos. This is not a scam. The price is about right if it was restored by them. The case colors certaintly look like a Del Grego. I believe they will provide information at no cost to confirm that at one time they did a refinish on it. It is a very nice looking restore anyway and very fair price. Here is the website address:

www.ParkerShotgunRepair.com

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Yup, DelGrego's files are by name, not by serial number. This is not likely a rebarrel. When DelGrego got a request for a skeet conversion, he would normally saw off the original barrels, stamp with the skeet in and out choke markings, and install ivory beads, front and center. Of course we would not do that today, but those were different times. If these were "leftover skeet barrels", they would be post Parker Brothers, Remington manufacture, and would have no Titanic Steel logo on the rib or "T" on the flat like on this gun. This is a very common skeet conversion, probably with sawed off barrels, and well worth the asking price. By the way, any original skeet barrels would have the beavertail forend lug which this gun does not have. I'm sure any potential buyer would also like to see the choke stampings on these barrels also.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
If it's stamped "skeet" and "skeet", it didn't come from Parker, Remington, or DelGrego that way. None of the three ever marked their guns that way. DelGrego has the original "Skeet In" and "Skeet Out" stamps from the factory, and uses them on his skeet conversions. Suggest you try for pictures of exactly what you have.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Parker DHE 20 ga skeet F/S

Here are the problems with this gun:

The barrels were cut but advertised as true 26" skeet barrels. they are the original 30" barrels cut down to 26" and then stamped by Del Grego as skeet in and skeet out. Not disclosed.
Both barrels have been honed out to .626 and .628. There is literally no choke in the one barrel matching it's honed out bore diameter. The other is negative (.005) more open than the bore diameter than its bore diameter.. Again not disclosed.

Undisclosed barrel dent on the the right barrel that protrudes into the bore creating a "speed bump." Also not disclosed.

Very disappointed. I have sent the gun back for a full refund. The gentlemen that posted this for his friend did not see the gun and went off of his friends information which was totally misrepresented. I believe at this point it was unintentional. I am willing to give both of them the benefit of the doubt. I know that Daddy-J has a great reputation on this site and I am sure he is upset as well that he posted this for his friend. It is just a hassle at this point that I am sure will get resolved amicably. Jim Veta

1 - 15 of 15 Posts