Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Appears 2009 plus all over again, have read some LGS restricting ammo purchases and usual Internet suppliers out of stock, mostly handgun & usual rifle calibers. You all seeing this in your back yards or favorite suppliers ?

·
Premium Member
19,855 Posts
I was in a gun store in Amarillo on Friday checking on a gun I had shipped to them, and one of the guys told me that some guy came in earlier in the week and bought $1,000 worth of rifle ammo because of an "impending shortage because of the corona virus". I asked him how he kept a straight face. He said he busted out laughing after the dude walked out the door.

Reactions: slide action

·
Registered
185 Posts
Went in to Sportsman’s yesterday to pick up a couple boxes of bullets for a 243 that I’m loading for..

no primers, limited bullets.. no normal powders.. restrictions on purchases.. one flat of shotgun shells a day.. no online sales...

Here we go again...

·
Registered
551 Posts
All I did was took inventory of what I had and bought a few boxes of ammo I was short on. I did a beginner pistol class with my father in law about 2 months ago. 9mm I was still fine on, but we went through 500 rounds of 22 so I picked up 500 CCI rounds. And in Michigan we are in a kinda lock down in that there is no school and all events are cancelled, so I’m just prepping 308 cases and getting back into working up new loads for fun. My rifle range is opening back up so that’ll give me something to do that’s not social :). Plus with all of my shotgunning, I have really put rifle on the back burner so I’d like to spend a few nights working up new stuff.

·
Premium Member
19,855 Posts
Blame the 'Squad' for the run on tampons. Hormones are out of whack.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was kind of wondering when ammo hoarding would start. Ironically, about the only thing I'm light on is shotgun ammo. Recently started shooting pistol again, so I've been stocking up on 9mm for the last couple of months and probably have about 3-4,000 rounds. I also shoot a fair amount of 5.56, but again have several thousand rounds. Assuming I ration myself and don't shoot more than 100-150 rounds a week I should be good until September/October by which time we'll either all be dead or supplies should start coming back on line. :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
You need lots of ammo in case someone tried to steal you stash of toilet paper and hand sanitizer :02::032:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I put my money in reloading supplies and have enough to outlast me. Most people who reload buy components in bulk to keep costs down and have many components on hand. The only factory ammo I have is .22 Long Rifle.
Same here, Perazzi. Presently load 7 different caliber pistol rounds and 8 rifle. Now I just need to do more metallic cartridge shooting. Just finished loading some 45-70 a few minutes ago.
Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts