Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful Ljutic bi O/U 12g gun. The wood is incredible. My problem is the grip does not have a palm swell. Right handed. It a bit narrow. I have big hands. My question is is there some type of palm swell that can make the grip thicker. In the past I have tried the stick on but they came off and didn't stick. Please advise.
Thanks Frank

·
Registered
5,454 Posts

Your welcome. Midway doesn't currently have it listed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
RAT Grip(s). Bondo. Tennis racquet/Baseball bat grip wrap. All have been used for the palm swell purpose....

·
Registered
500 Posts
A good stock maker can inlay a palm swell inside the border of the checkered panel that is already on your gun, then re-checker it to match. I would give Tron a call.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The RatGrip you can custom shape to your had. No sticky residue. If you wear gloves in the cold season, just reheat, and it fits great again.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ordered my last one right from Kick-Eez --$16 both right and left hand models -Clean the stock good, mine are still sticking -with arthritis - I have them installed over my existing palm swell and they work great.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Assuming by the description of the stock you have you'd like to keep it as clean and elegant as possible. Take a look at Gripswell gloves. I have never used or tried these gloves but they have built in palm swells so it may be a very clean and inexpensive method to achieve what you'd like to do without buggering up your stock. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
108 Posts
Assuming by the description of the stock you have you'd like to keep it as clean and elegant as possible. Take a look at Gripswell gloves. I have never used or tried these gloves but they have built in palm swells so it may be a very clean and inexpensive method to achieve what you'd like to do without buggering up your stock. Good luck and good shooting, Rey
I have used them and I would agree, that is where I would start.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I built up a moleskin swell and put it inside of a golf glove. Works for me and when glove gets worn out ,take it out and reuse in a new glove.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
A friend of mine had the exact same problem with big hand on small grip.
He wears motorcycle gloves with palm padding to increase the grip.
There're full finger and open finger gloves to fit your preference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the kick eez palm swell on than wrapped the grip with hockey stick tape. Not the prettiest gun on the rack but it sure is comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have over-wrapped a build up with "Rescue Tape". The tape is stretchy and is used to stop water in an emergency. Like on a cracked pipe.

This tape fuses to itself but does not stick to the wood. Easily removed. I currently have it on one of my grips.

Only downside is that the edge of the tape can roll a little since it doesn't stick to the wood. This usually where your hand rubs it.

For some reason I forgot about this tape when making my initial list. Can't explain why. It's what I've used the last several times.

I have found that the brand name works better that like products under store brands.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rat Grip is simple to install, easy to change and completely removable. $25 and you can make 3 swells from 1 package. Here it is on my DT11

Wood Natural material Wood stain Hardwood Pattern

1 - 18 of 18 Posts