Trapshooters Forum banner

Palm swell enlarger?

5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  leftex 
#1 ·
If memory serves me correctly Meadow Industries used to sell a stick on palm swell enlarger. Not sure if that is the proper name or not. I need a larger palm swell on one of my shotguns. I searched Meadow Industries web site and don't see one listed. Does another company make something comparable?

TIA,

Wayne

#2 ·
Kick Eze is the only one I know of. I have bought their comb pads and left hand palm swells.

Reactions: Jaburg1
#10 ·
I have a kick ezz palm swell on my bt. Clean the stock with alcohol wipe first. I also wrapped plastic zip ties around the stock to hold it in place for about 24 hours before it shoot the gun. It’s never come loose and been on the gun for a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I use milliput on top of tape, sand to the shape u need, add some if not enough is on, then cut off the exposed tape. I use this to remind myself to keep the gun square and to fill the voids in my grip..U can always remove the epoxy, hard to color. So far so good??
Laptop Input device Netbook Personal computer Line
Motor vehicle Textile Bumper Wood Automotive exterior
Wood Hardwood Drawer Wood stain Curtain
Wood Automotive lighting Floor Fender Material property

#18 · (Edited)
I picked up a product in Switzerland - I'll have to dig it out for the name.

It is a light weight, two part product that is easy to mix, easy to apply and shape - when dry it sands like a dream and it can be stained/painted to match about any wood.

The Swiss use it when making custom grips for the Olympic style pistols they shoot - see below.

Wood Trigger Air gun Wood stain Shotgun

This one is all wood, but they custom fit them to your hand with the epoxy and then they make it match the color of the wood... I've seen it done and a good finisher makes it so you can't tell it has been done.

I got it for a Hammerli pistol i have, but ended up not needing it - the grip was so close we were able to fit just the wood to my hand. No need for the epoxy.

EDIT - It is made by Hammerli and is called Hi-Paste

#19 ·
Benchrest, while I agree that your suggestion is the second best fix, I'm only looking for something temporary. The kick Eez stick on arrived yesterday. It could be a little larger but I will try it for a while. Thanks for all the great ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.