Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is directly from Michael Chubb, General Manager of the facility:
"The first international bunker is officially open to the public starting tomorrow, Sunday June 12th. It will be using a Longrange card system. Our staff at the main desk will assist anyone that has any questions on how to operate this system, and I will be on site to guide. Thank you for your patience as we worked on getting to this point."

Website of Shooting Complex:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
This is directly from Michael Chubb, General Manager of the facility:
"The first international bunker is officially open to the public starting tomorrow, Sunday June 12th. It will be using a Longrange card system. Our staff at the main desk will assist anyone that has any questions on how to operate this system, and I will be on site to guide. Thank you for your patience as we worked on getting to this point."

Website of Shooting Complex:

Nice. What's the background look like?

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
The targets are made in China!!! They are using these targets on all fields, and in all sizes too!!! Sporting clays too. The seem to break well enough. I was literally smoking targets on one of the sporting clay stations this past weekend. Seemed the factory placed a dye pack into the center of the clay. They made a real nice looking smoke ball when you hit-em!!!

They are working on the main road as I type this. Suppose to be done in September. I'm hoping it will be done by Turkey Day!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
A couple of things...

24 gram loads maximum. Note that 24 grams is NOT 7/8 oz. 7/8 is actually 24.8 something grams, which is enough to get you disqualified at an ISSF event.

Most people will use 1300+ fps shells. You don't have to. However there is no maximum velocity. 1400s are available and probably faster if you look hard enough.

IM (3/4) and full are the preferred chokes of most people. Perazzi recommend a 6 and a 9. The fixed choke bunker guns from Beretta are IM and full. A good second barrel is critical if you want to be hitting close to the 25 per round.

POI that is too high won't work on low bunker targets that are only 1.5 metres (just under 5 feet) high at 10 metres (33 feet) out.

Bunker targets are slightly larger (110mm v 108 mm or 4 1/4 inches) and slightly lower domed than trap targets. They are also physically harder in composition to survive being thrown 76 metres (83 yards) at up to 65 mph. Don't expect smoke too often.

It's one shot per station, wait til the result is announced on the next station then move. You may move with a loaded and open gun except when going from 1 to 6. 6 is the waiting pad for 1 when you have the correct number of shooters. You must then get to 1 before reloading.

No call of "1" or "lost". Silence for a hit, a hooter or buzzer for lost. No penalty for a second barrel hit.

No practise on the day of an event, if ISSF rules are followed. However you may "clear your gun", which involves firing 2 shells at nothing, before the event begins.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I do not know if the Gen. Manager is related to Allen Chubb who runs Keystone Shooting Park, Dalmatia, PA. Bunker is my favorite shotgun sport, although I still have to try Helice.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
From my understanding, Michael is his son. Haven’t introduced myself or have had the opportunity to speak with him but am hopeful to find the chance this upcoming weekend to do so. Hopefully there are gun racks and tables in the works for the various fields. Good shooting, Rey

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Wow... so great to see this! Very reasonable prices too. $10 for a 25 target round of bunker trap.. same price for everyone... Residents and non-resident... no membership fee... i.e. open to the public?

did he say that the “1st Field” is now open. Does that imply that there are future fields to be built? ... for hosting ISSF events

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
A couple of things...

24 gram loads maximum. Note that 24 grams is NOT 7/8 oz. 7/8 is actually 24.8 something grams, which is enough to get you disqualified at an ISSF event.

Most people will use 1300+ fps shells. You don't have to. However there is no maximum velocity. 1400s are available and probably faster if you look hard enough.

IM (3/4) and full are the preferred chokes of most people. Perazzi recommend a 6 and a 9. The fixed choke bunker guns from Beretta are IM and full. A good second barrel is critical if you want to be hitting close to the 25 per round.

POI that is too high won't work on low bunker targets that are only 1.5 metres (just under 5 feet) high at 10 metres (33 feet) out.

Bunker targets are slightly larger (110mm v 108 mm or 4 1/4 inches) and slightly lower domed than trap targets. They are also physically harder in composition to survive being thrown 76 metres (83 yards) at up to 65 mph. Don't expect smoke too often.

It's one shot per station, wait til the result is announced on the next station then move. You may move with a loaded and open gun except when going from 1 to 6. 6 is the waiting pad for 1 when you have the correct number of shooters. You must then get to 1 before reloading.

No call of "1" or "lost". Silence for a hit, a hooter or buzzer for lost. No penalty for a second barrel hit.

No practise on the day of an event, if ISSF rules are followed. However you may "clear your gun", which involves firing 2 shells at nothing, before the event begins.
True! .... but recreational shooters can do it any way they want

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow... so great to see this! Very reasonable prices too. $10 for a 25 target round of bunker trap.. same price for everyone... Residents and non-resident... no membership fee... i.e. open to the public?

did he say that the “1st Field” is now open. Does that imply that there are future fields to be built? ... for hosting ISSF events
Yes sir! There are a total of 5, YES FIVE, Olympic Bunker Fields that are already built, just need to bring them in line with the electronics, microphones, card reader system and controls so that they all function in unison. This has 100% potential to become the PREMIER South East Shooting Facility for International 'Bunker' Trap!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The targets are made in China!!! They are using these targets on all fields, and in all sizes too!!! Sporting clays too. The seem to break well enough. I was literally smoking targets on one of the sporting clay stations this past weekend. Seemed the factory placed a dye pack into the center of the clay. They made a real nice looking smoke ball when you hit-em!!!

They are working on the main road as I type this. Suppose to be done in September. I'm hoping it will be done by Turkey Day!!! break em all Jeff
I wouldn't go as far as 'Made in China', not sure where you got that information from!
As a fact ET 'Euro Target' brand clay targets are a highly respected clay target manufacturer from Italy, presently endorsed by the ISSF and currently being used in World Competitions, such as the most recent World Cup in Lonato, Italy, that just happened last May.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The 'smoke balls' you are most likely referring to are the 'Winner' line of flash targets that EuroTarget produces, which give off a a distinctive 'puff' color you see on T.V. during the ISSF finals, when transmitted live. Lucky you who got to take a crack at those!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts