Trapshooters Forum banner

Pallet Ammo Ordering

7021 18
I know it could take a while to get an order in right now but I was looking to see who you guys are using for large bulk ammo orders.

Full pallet orders from a trusted source.

Thanks!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
I've ordered from Crow Shooting Supply before the recent shortage. They and other suppliers tend to have restrictions on where they will deliver a pallet, so you might want to check that out first. You may also need a forklift.

· Registered
540 Posts
So the big box stores, gun clubs and gun shops are basically out of shotgun shells..and you think you are going to get in line for a pallet of shells?
Friend of mine just took delivery this week of a pallet of Fiocchi shells he ordered from Scheels 6 months ago. 4 of us were going to go in on it last summer but they wouldn't come down below $60 a flat so we didn't. Well one of us was smart enough to go through with it on his own, he owns a machine and tool company so had them delivered there.

He will help us keep going now and instead of paying for the shells he wants us to replace what we use with the same. When we can finally get shells again to do so.

· Premium Member
647 Posts
Friend of mine just took delivery this week of a pallet of Fiocchi shells he ordered from Scheels 6 months ago. 4 of us were going to go in on it last summer but they wouldn't come down below $60 a flat so we didn't. Well one of us was smart enough to go through with it on his own, he owns a machine and tool company so had them delivered there.

He will help us keep going now and instead of paying for the shells he wants us to replace what we use with the same. When we can finally get shells again to do so.
Yep. 6 months ago you could still buy pallets of shells from Rogers sporting goods.

· Registered
118 Posts
I did a lot of research on this back in January and February. I ordered pallets from 2 different suppliers and both orders got cancelled. One of the suppliers changed their minimum purchase to 2 pallets which I couldn't swing. The other cancelled because their backorders were out 6 months. I would say if you want to purchase a pallet you are out of luck as volume buyers are getting preference and will likely continue to get preference for a while still.. I spoke with 6 suppliers in total and 5 of them required you to have a loading dock or fork lift and would not deliver to a residential address.

· Registered
229 Posts
Federal Top Gun shells...120 flats to a pallet. If you have an LTL carrier deliver to your house most likely they'll hit you with an "inside delivery charge" Most all of them are union so good luck with getting them to hand handle that many flats. If you have a pallet jack and request "lift gate service" there's an additional charge for that also.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
So the big box stores, gun clubs and gun shops are basically out of shotgun shells..and you think you are going to get in line for a pallet of shells?
Ya I think that's what he had implied. What is wrong with a line? It has a beginning, middle and end. Quit the condescending b.s.

· Registered
540 Posts
Ya I think that's what he had implied. What is wrong with a line? It has a beginning, middle and end. Quit the condescending b.s.
Pretty much nailed it. Can moan and groan all you want but get in line is the only way to make it happen. If you are serious.

Eventually you will get to where Jeff Foxworthy said years ago "Hey I am NEXT in line!"

Or could take a defeatist attitude.

And buy a boat instead. 2nd happiest day of a man's life is when he buys a boat.

Happiest day is when he sells the boat. Just saying....

Sunset Distributors-Ackley, IA
HUSH You! One of the clubs I am a member of in SC Mn. has an arrangement with Sunset. We get reloading supplies at wholesale cost. When they are in stock. Sunset delivers them when they go by in the delivery truck but more times than not a few retired guys run down to Iowa and pick them up when they finally come in.

Was really surprised that my friend ordered the pallet from Scheels instead of Sunset. But he is a really smart man and obviously knows what he is doing. Could have just gotten lucky but really doubt it, as I mentioned he is a smart man. And he sits pretty high up on the board at that club.

Personally I would not hesitate to order from Sunset Dist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.