Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to paint a pfs stock for my tmx prolly gonna paint my forearm to match any suggestions on what paint to use ?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
At the bottom of this page is several(5) other threads on painting PFS's. May be some useful info there.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I painted mine several times with an air brush. However, the last time I painted it I bought a can of Rust-oleum black spray paint. Two coats of gloss. It works great and went right over the costly air brush paint. Still looks good after about 3 years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shot410 did you rough up the original any or just go right over the original. I'm prolly gonna give the rustoleom a try and see how it holds up

·
Banned
495 Posts
Frank Tiechman' in Phoenix does a very nice job of coating those stocks. He does many different patterns. The wood patterns are hard to believe that they are not exotic wood. his Co. is F.E.T guns & ammo. Give him a ring, I'm sure you would be happy with his services. Roger C.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Shot410 did you rough up the original any or just go right over the original. I'm prolly gonna give the rustoleom a try and see how it holds up
Yes I ruffed up the old paint with wet 600 grit. It had three different colors of air brush paint on it. Smoothed out the nicks with wet 400 grit first, then the wet 600 grit. Then shot two coats or maybe three of the Gloss black every 15 minutes. Light coats so there is no sagging. Came out perfect and has worn well for about three years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 baron where was that don't I'd rather stay with a wood grain but I can't come up with a good place to have it done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts