Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I don't do something right.

I have an old pacific dl-150 that was given to me by father. It had originally belonged to my grandfather who passed away at the beginning of last year. This thing has been sitting in his attic for atleast 20 years. I have never seen my grandfather use it. I am on the hunt for an owners manual and possibly some parts as I don't know if everything is there or not. I am not a 100% sure if that stud is supposed to move up and down on the left hand side. That's my biggest concern.

I have searched multiple forums for a manual or a link to one but I have came up with nothing. I know hornady bought them out and has a manual for the dl-155 but I'm really looking for a copy of the original. There use to be a gentleman who ran a website years ago but that site is no longer maintained.

I have no Idea how to use this properly or exactly where to start. But it was my grandfather's and I want to put it to good use and hand it down to my kids at some point. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
It looks like it is all there. You might try searching for a Bair Mach reloading guide since it appears to be the exact same machine. Bair made the parts for the Pacific. Also an early Texan was made by Pacific so it may also be similar.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Before you start ordering parts, be sure to check and see if it's 12 gauge or 16 gauge, a DL 150 could be either. If it's a 16, a 12 gauge hull will not go in either of the long dies.
The DL 150 and the 155 look a little different but work about the same. The 150 never had a auto primer feed. Take the dies out and clean the rust off of them and you will be in business.
Yes, the stud on the left is supposed to move up and down, it's the deprimer ram and can be adjusted for the correct depth.
Check the crimp starter, a 150 is old enough to have a roll crimp for paper hulls, a 6 point or an 8 point.
I'll check my 155 when I go out to the garage and see if it's the same as a 366.

Since the bushings appear to be marked as 18 grains of Red Dot and 1 oz of shot, I suspect your grandfather was using a load like this.

You will probably need a new wad guide. The old one is probably brittle and broken by now.
The DL 155 use the same bushings as the current 366, so I suspect the DL 150 will as well

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is exactly the press I used about 50 years ago. It was a Bair brand which I think Pacific picked it up later on followed by Hornady picking up Pacific. To my recollection, fogged by the loss of many brain cells, the press is complete and yes the stud moves up and down.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Those old paper instructions are hard to find.
Point you browser to here:
User Manuals
Scroll down to "Pacific 155 Shotshell Reloading Instructions"
Download the PDF file.
The good news is that your loader is complete, and powder and shot reservoirs and bushings, measure seals and pre-crimp are still available. Most 150's are found with the primer seater missing.
You could also get new sizer parts for a 366 but that one will be just fine.
Everything else is unique to that loader

·
Banned
684 Posts
Before you start ordering parts, be sure to check and see if it's 12 gauge or 16 gauge, a DL 150 could be either. If it's a 16, a 12 gauge hull will not go in either of the long dies.
The DL 150 and the 155 look a little different but work about the same. The 150 never had a auto primer feed. Take the dies out and clean the rust off of them and you will be in business.
Yes, the stud on the left is supposed to move up and down, it's the deprimer ram and can be adjusted for the correct depth.
Check the crimp starter, a 150 is old enough to have a roll crimp for paper hulls, a 6 point or an 8 point.
I'll check my 155 when I go out to the garage and see if it's the same as a 366.

View attachment 1736796

Since the bushings appear to be marked as 18 grains of Green Dot and 1 oz of shot, I suspect your grandfather was using a load like this.
View attachment 1736800

You will probably need a new wad guide. The old one is probably brittle and broken by now.
The DL 155 use the same bushings as the current 366, so I suspect the DL 150 will as well
View attachment 1736793
View attachment 1736794
The powder bushing says red dot not green dot.

·
Ljutic Nut
3,102 Posts
I had a DL 120 back in the early 1960's. I loaded a lot of shells on it but I could find no parts for it after about 1975. I still have some of the bushing that came with it but don't trust what they say on them. Powders have changed over the years.

Reactions: vatrap

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got two DL-150s from my Dad. I was a teenager when I last used them. Yours is a 20 gauge. See the 20 stamped on the sizing/depriming die. You should also find a 20 stamped on the final crimp die. The same bushings you have are the originals in my 20 ga. 16 grains of red dot under 1 ou of 8 shot lead. I have both the 20 and 12. (looking for 3" final crimp for both). Typically on the front right will be an eight point crimp starter die. The back right is usually a paper crimp starter. I am wanting to add a 6 point starter for mine too. The front left is usually empty (for the 6 point I presume). Hornady's 366 press starter crimps will work on Pacific, just need the adapter that is in the Hornady 12 gauge kit. Hornady, RCBS, and PW bushing work in Pacific. I have a manual and will try to upload later. It's about identical to the DL-155.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That is exactly the press I used about 50 years ago. It was a Bair brand which I think Pacific picked it up later on followed by Hornady picking up Pacific. To my recollection, fogged by the loss of many brain cells, the press is complete and yes the stud moves up and down.
Me too.
My Dad bought me one of those when I was 11 in 1968. Mine was the Pacific version in 20 ga.
I loaded thousands of 20ga shells on it and when I got older I switched the dies to 12ga and loaded thousands more.
Those old Pacific reloaders are just as capable as todays MEC 600.
Dad had the blue 12ga.Pacific progressive version that is very similar to todays Hornady 366.
I concur that it looks complete but be prepared to replace the old powder and shot reservoirs. They get brittle with time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.