Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
When the Doctor who put it in says so....
This......and then you laugh when your dad asks the surgeon to put it on his right side, cause he shoots left handed!! OBTW - The surgeon did it......

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Lloyd, I hope it's not to long. I hope you are back shooting and not to mention feeling a lot better very soon. You need to be ready for the Bair Hatcher Memorial Shoot at FT. Worth in October. I think I will come down to the Dallas Gun Club and be a spectator for the upcoming bunker shoot later this month. I am headed to Sparta for a few days. Hope you are better and the new Rhythm device has you running a hunnert!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My husband had one implanted about 5 years ago (dependent bi-ventricular meaning it runs 100% of the time to keep it pumping and has a bonus wire, one for each ventricle).

Listen to the MD, the wires need time to "seed" to avoid having them dislodge.

If I recall right he stayed away from shooting for at least 3 months. He had a good team of MD's. He's a left handed shooter and his cardiologist made sure the surgeon doing the procedure was instructed to put it in on the right side, no argument, she made it clear to all that it was a quality of life issue so even those that pressed for it to be on the right followed orders.

Anyone that might be needing a pacemaker, stick to your guns (pun intended) and get it put in the 'off mount side' they can do both and like the MD said, it's a quality of life issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This......and then you laugh when your dad asks the surgeon to put it on his right side, cause he shoots left handed!! OBTW - The surgeon did it......
Years ago (1990s), a very good friend of mine & one of my trapshooting mentors had this done. Everyone at the club had a good chuckle over it but he had the last laugh as he shot up until his last day here with us on this Earth! "Quality of Life"'is the key. RIP my buddy Ed, sure miss shooting with ya!

Btw, listen to your doctor, he/she will "release" you to shoot again. Fingers crossed that I will get my "release" this week to return to the sport; as I'm still recovering from my third back surgery now.

Happy Health to You "SMOKEIT" & Happy Shooting!
-Larry

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm curious as well, I just had 3 stents put in and feel terrific! I am only 41, and feel like I'm in my 20s again. Don't want to push too hard, but this ordeal sidelined me just before the Grand. Needless to say I'm going nuts, can't drive, shoot, lift anything over 5#, or do much of anything.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just had one replaceday,and when they did I asked to have it moved to my right shoulder because I went blind in my right eye after being a right handed shooter all my life. I was told I could not shoot for 4 weeks. I see my doc next week. It's 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a friend that just had this done and he is a lefty, they placed it on the left side and said it would be ok to shoot on it????

·
Registered
615 Posts
I waited 4 weeks or until the super glue came off my skin and incision to shoot. (pacemaker & defib) No doctor recommendation was offered verbally regarding activity, only reading material. The Boston-Scientific people only wanted to be certain the wires were healed in place. Surgery mid Jan. shooting mid Feb. No problems or pain. Went back to shooting about 15000 targets per year, same year.

Maltz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts