Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attending a clinic in NJ in April traveling from Pa. was thinking of staying overnight to save drive time will this be a problem . Also drive a SUV must lock ammo I will need about 2 flats does a break down gun need a locked case or a hard case good enough if both in the rear of the SUV . Thanks Joe

·
Vendor
19,420 Posts
Locked case or not, do not leave your cased gun in the SUV. The incidence of theft is well documented. The shells, dont' worry about those. Just put them on the floor of the back seat area.

And HMB... Ok, I am dense...What does that mean?

·
Premium Member
12,319 Posts
MAH66,

You are correct, but in the wrong direction - their average population cannot safely operate a gas pump. I can only imagine where they would pump it, smoking while doing it, driving off while still pumping, etc.

Hence the law - merely saves on emergency responses.

·
Registered
549 Posts
There is no problem Joe. If possible, keep your gun case out of sight, and go about your business. You will be fine. It's been very cold and snowy this year in NJ. If you need gas, stay in your nice warm car and let the attendant fill your tank for you. You'll be pleased with the price of gas here in NJ. We have some of the lowest prices in the country. Lots of Pennsylvanians who work in NJ, fill up in NJ before crossing the Delaware on their way home. Enjoy your clinic.

ART H.

·
Premium Member
12,319 Posts
What Art H said.

I live in PA and always fill up in NJ before crossing the bride for home...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car has a privacy cover I will keep it closed.I have a large tool box I will keep the ammo in it with a lock. With all the talk about gas I will make sure I fill up if only for the NJ experience.
Thanks everyone Joe

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
HMB,

This is the secong thread on which you said that "you can't get out of your car to put gas in". FYI, New Jersey and Oregon are the only 2 states where a driver CANNOT pump his own gas. It must be done by an attendant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts