Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my reloaders is giving me a problem when I try to shut off the powder and shot. The powder shut off will not move at all. The shot shut off is extremely hard to move. I have tried to clean it out the best I can since you cannot get to the disks. I have tried brake cleaner and Kroil. Neither has helped. After the Kroil I used 91% alcohol to get rid of the oily residue. Still won't budge.
Has anybody had this problem? Is there any way to remove the disks? Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Scratch a T on the top of each one (so that you don't install them wrong).
Unscrew the rod out of each one then insert a thin blade under them and kinda wiggle them up a bit.
Bend a the end of large nail and hook it through one of the hole and pull them out.

Clean with some steel wool and blow everything clean.

Push them back down in and screw in the rods!

·
Supporting Vendor
5,828 Posts
It sounds like you are going to have to remove the shut-off discs. The handle unscrews and will screw in to the center of the disc to help remove it. Keep the handles screwed into the center of each disc and you will know how to put them back. The shot shut-off has the larger hole. When you lift the disc up the ball detent and spring are going to come out. They are difficult to reinstall from the inside. It is easier to remove the set screws and reinstall them from the outside after the disc is back in place. You should put thread locker (blue) on the set screw to keep it in place.

In the future try removing the gears and cleaning under the shut-off disc with compressed air. You can tip the disc up slightly and blow compressed air under it without removing it. That way you do not have to fuss with the detents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts