Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Is access to the bushings improved? It's a very tight fit with the original on my press even with the base moved all the way to the right.

·
Supporting Vendor
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The bushing access holes are in the same location as those on the EZ-Fill base.

It will help if you pull the rack all the way out (with the operating handle in the down position) so that the powder and shot gears are rotated to their maximum clockwise position. Just moving the operating handle to the down position does not usually rotate the gears to their full clockwise position. Also the timing marks on the gears and the rack must be matched up.

You should be able to remove the bushings with the base centered by pulling the rack out to its maximum travel position.

Jim Skeel

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I finally got up to Reno and put my base in. It is a noble addition to reloading. The workmanship is 2nd to none. Once I switched a couple of parts and set the Teflon screws, it screwed into place better than the OEM unit.

Thanks for a terrific product and service!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes Jim, I pull the rack all the way forward, otherwise they will not come out. I was hoping for improved access but I'm guessing there probably is not room.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Jim,

I purchased two of your bases and I am well pleased with them. You did a great machining job.

I am curious - how many have you now made with the bushing holes?

Michael Stephenson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my base yesterday, fit and finish were excellent, nice to see quality workmanship for a change. Thanks Jim. Jon Serapin

·
Supporting Vendor
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Lou,

I received yout check today. Your base will ship on Tuesday, 2/10/2009.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, I'm fishing in the Bering Sea right now but I would like to order a base when I get back to Dutch Harbor at the end of this trip. Please email how you would like to be paid and address. Thanks, Brian

·
Supporting Vendor
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Brian, email sent.

Jim Skeel

·
Supporting Vendor
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have four bases in stock and ready to ship. I will not be making more of these until next Winter.

Email or Private Message for payment information.

Jim Skeel

·
Supporting Vendor
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
All are sold.

I will be making them again in the Fall. If you are interested in one give me your email and I will put you on my follow-up list and contact you when I start making them again.

Jim Skeel

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.