Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The allen screws that secure the guide rods to the base plate are get a bit loose after reloading a couple boxes. I don't think there's clearance for longer screws and lock nuts. Any ideas? Thanks, James

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Clean the screw threads than Red Loctite, let it set up for at least 24 hours. You could also take a center punch and peen them just a little.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It may be time to replace the set screws. Sometimes new set screws get ma little better bite. I have used blue loctite, but be sure you clean the threads with their solvent.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You sure have a screw loose.......

Should have gotten a MEC. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just could not resist the set up. ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Loctite recommends that you DO NOT use the red on anything smaller than 3/8 threads...if you want to try green give it a go... if it does the job for.. great 👍.....when you decide to remove them for any reason you can use a solder iron (80watts) will work. Just put the tip on the screw head for awhile...this will soften the loctite and they should come out with no problem....good luck...I have a 375 and love it.... I reload steel shot for ducks on it..👍

·
Supporting Vendor
5,832 Posts
Did you verify that it is a single set screw? P/W has used a set screw and a backup set screw in the threaded hole. It is a way to lock a set screw without using a lock nut.

If your 375C is new it mak take repeated tightening to get the set screw to seat on the shaft. Cup point set screws will eventually develop a good seat after repeated tightening.

Reactions: RickN
1 - 9 of 9 Posts