Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to check the weight of a shotgun? I have a gun that seems light compared to the other guns I have.
Thanks for your in put
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I use a set of electronic scales that accurately weighs items up to 15 lbs. My trap gun weighs 9 lbs. 9 oz.

·
Registered
20,327 Posts
Only as a lubricant for the cutler's rivets. And only sometimes even then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tyron, That is what I am asking. Is it a general household scale or something special?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a 5 pound digital postal scale laying around. So I weighed the barrels, stock / recvr and forearm
separately and added the weights together. Its the Wally World way of doin stuff on the cheap

·
Registered
20,327 Posts
Tryon weighs miss kitty with a bathroom scale. First he gets on. Writes down the reading. Gets off. Grabs miss kitty. Gets back on. Looks at the reading, let's miss kitty loose, looks again. Takes difference and pooof. Miss kitty weighs 8 pounds 15 ounces. ( she ain't preggers this month )

A more precise scale is a Torbal BA6 Bench Scale. Run about $400.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you could just carry it in to the post office and weigh it there !!!! :) just kidding
Ha! Was about to post exactly the same thing and then I got to your post :)

NB: If you decide to try this don't be surprised if the security guard wants to get involved.

TD

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I would not live in a town that required a security guard at the post office. How did we get where we are today?
No security at my local PO. In fact, I imagine I could weigh my trap gun there if I asked prior to brining it in. The advantage of living in small town USA where everyone knows everyone.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Hey Tyron, That is what I am asking. Is it a general household scale or something special?
Why do you think you will get a different weight from one than you will from the other????????????????

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
digital postage scale is your friend if you shoot -- I got one from Amazon that handles up to 50# and is accurate to 0.2 oz and also reads out metric too, for $35 shipped..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts