1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
I do.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Me too.....singles, doubles, handicap, wobble, Skeet, Sporting Clays, and Five Stand.

early 90's 30" Browning Special Sporting Clays O/U.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I did for 30 or so years for the most part. I did occasionally play with a single barrel for short bursts.

Janessa Beeman and Mallory Stanton do in trap. One of the Colorado guy S has been shooting his 34" Perazzi and tearing up things.

·
Registered
976 Posts
now that is a damn good point! How to make trap more competitive?

Eliminate the SBT (single barrel trapgun)

All in favor, say aye!

·
Registered
11,397 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ron Sutton uses an O/U for singles , doubles and caps. Only 100 straight handicap at Pine Belt, NJ 27 yds. I think he is from Maryland.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
now that is a damn good point! How to make trap more competitive?

Eliminate the SBT (single barrel trapgun)

All in favor, say aye!
Nay Charlie. Scott Obenchain likes his unsingle but Darrell Farr uses his O/U 34" MX10 for everything. Between those boys it doesn't much matter which shotgun they hold. Scott made All American last year and if Darrell recovers his health after his appendectomy a couple weeks ago and does well at the Grand he will make the team this year.

Don

Reactions: Sportshot

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I use a Browning Ultra XS Sporting Citori with 30" barrels for Trap, Trap Doubles, Skeet, 5-Stand and Sporting Clays. When I miss a target it is not the guns fault.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have thought about getting an MX-8 with 31.5" barrels. I would then use it for everything. (Trap and sporting). At one time I had an MT-6 and shot the gun very well. But sold it to buy a Krieghoff KS-5 Special. I use that for trap and use a Beretta 682 for sporting. If I weren't shooting these guns well I would definitely sell them both to buy an MX-8. But gettin too old to start over with a different gun. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts