Trapshooters Forum banner

Outlers All American wireless voice release issues

1076 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MackC85
Hello all. I know some of you are positive these are junk. I don’t need to hear that. Does anyone know of troubleshooting guides or setup instructions or very knowledgeable individuals for these? I have 4 that work pretty good and one very intermittently.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
A club I shoot at has them. They had a problem that at times you had to call a few times to get a bird. Don't know if that is your issue or not. But what we did was pull the foam off and fitted some cheap funnels to them. They now work as good as any of the other voice releases used at the other clubs.

· Premium Member
Brownings
1,219 Posts
I did a Google search on your title and eventually ended up with "Outers" as the brand name. The search showed that manuals, etc., are available.

· Registered
1,046 Posts
I think that Howell's Trap Parts or something like that, bought out all the Outers inventory and knows all about them. They are in Alabama somewhere. We have one set of them and I have no problem with them.

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone changed any components or adjusted the sensitivity of the potentiometers on the circuit boards? I had a board guy look for bad solder joints or broken traces abs he found nothing. It’s just one out of 5 giving me slow or no pulls.
Can the fellow that found a cone to be useful send a picture?

· Registered
6,205 Posts
The most important thing about those releases is that they depend upon what they interpret as a "human utterance" to release a target. Grunts and such often do not work. They also need to hear the sound for a second or two, not just for an instant. Once you housebreak your shooters to those idiosyncrasies, they work well.

Ed

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So in this situation.... I have 4 that are working great and one not so much. I know they don’t like certain calls or ha’s or bird or yo’s. I can put the 5 calls right next to each other. 4 turn red and send a signal and one doesn’t most of the time. Doesn’t seem to matter if I yell louder or softer... puullll or Pull. The other 4 act normal and this one sucks! It works maybe 1/4 of the time.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
We had an issue with the mics' (not sure of brand) location being the issue. I.E. The mic(s) worked normally except when on Station 3. Move your mics to different stations and see if is the mic is truly the issue. They were still working the issue last time I was there so I don't know the resolution, but it definitely wasn't the mics.

ETA - Typing same time, sounds like it's not your issue.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.