Out of business | Page 2 | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of business

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, May 16, 2020.

1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Yeah, people cannot live their own lives, make their own choices without our leaders telling us what to do, regardless if conservative, liberal or moderate. We have lost our ability to function without being told what to do.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  2. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Restaurants in my area have been able to open for dine in but at a greatly reduced capacity. So my wife and I were very happy to be able to get reservations at a long standing restaurant that is one of our favorites. So we get there at 7.30 and over half the tables are moved out for social distancing and what surprised me was that a majority of the reduced amount of tables were not full........I figured people would want to get out into the world and live a bit .....but it seems that the daily programming and constant bludgeoning of stay home......stay home....stay home is winning. We had a great meal and I left the waitress a $30.00 tip. I'm thankful they were open so we could dine out on our wedding anniversary.

Big Az Al, skeet2day, nitro27man and 4 others thanked this.
  3. jsraney

jsraney Well-Known Member

Restaurants are always the first to go under in an economic downturn. I believe we are just beginning to see the tip of the iceberg. Wait 3 months when the real bankruptcies come online. It will be bad. Small businesses, big businesses, and personal bankruptcies will become commonplace very shortly. Those that were on the edge or had a lack of backup funding will be gone. And this will continue until there is a vaccine available to everyone. Hope you like eating your own cooking....

4. George MT.

Also of note is all the really and truly signs of behavior that is showing me that there are serious issues with how people think they are being safe and thier lack of brain cells and or issues with the gene pool are showing up. Wish I had a picture of the following. Yesterday my dad says can you pick me up a roast beef sandwich at arby's on the way home....I said sure no problem. So I'm in the drive thru and the person in front of me orders then bails out of the drive thru line......parks in a space close to the drive thru......pops thier trunk open and tells the kid working the drive thru to take thier money that is in the trunk.....get thier change and food and put it in the trunk but do not close the trunk......the kid asked what about the drink that went with the meal......? The woman yelled she did not want it! The woman gets out of her car to close the trunk.....no mask of course .....looked like she weighed about 350 or so and closes the trunk. The kid at the drive thru told me that she has been super rude and has been requesting that procedure since the virus issues started.......I told them that the woman is a drama queen using the virus issues to be a freak......managment needs to knock that off right now. Welcome to the freak show.

vatrap, nitro27man and jk80 thanked this.
  5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Panera has delivery on bulk items, grapes, lemons, tomatoes, avocado, apples,blueberries, milk, yogurt, yogurt tubes, cream cheese spreads, cheese, bread, bagels, cake, cookies plus their regular menu and catering menu.
    Maybe more restaurants should have done the same.

6. Chicken 630

Chicken 630 Active Member

That's a lot of property taxes and sales taxes that aren't being paid

I'm sure our local municipalities have already spent that money

Luckily they gave themselves pay raises and benefit enhancements

They never save for a rainy day

Husky44 thanked this.
  7. jk80

jk80 Well-Known Member

You said a mouthful! Damn little critical thinking left out there. People are running on sound bites, sensationalist head lines and talking heads who work an agenda. This crap really started getting bad about 20 years ago and just seems to progressively get worse. Stuff like you saw in the drive through seem to be getting worse and worse.

George MT. thanked this.
  8. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

When the religion of political correctness got a hard hold is when all this crap really got out of hand. Everything else follows. Cancel culture, settled science, genderism, etc. The Hollywood bunch of illiterate, high school dropout, alcoholic drug addicted, narcissistic, pretty children were given the power to control how and what people were allowed to think. It’s been a jumble of jingoism ever since.

9. Rick Barker

And there is not going back to before then. Courts have decided that many times already.

10. BSAMX

BSAMX Well-Known Member

Sorry George, you're going to be in the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% that live through this and will probably see crap like that again!

nitro27man and George MT. thanked this.
  11. BSAMX

BSAMX Well-Known Member

12. George MT.

LMAO!!! If I never see a 350 pound woman want her food put in her trunk again Im good with it. I should have took a pic. to bless you guys with !!!

vatrap, jk80 and flashmax thanked this.
  13. Thom Simpson

Thom Simpson Member

Sonic Across from Cabela’s Sidney NE closed and for sale. I would think it’s a double whammy there. Closed corporate office and “RONA”.

14. GGVPA

GGVPA Member

restaurants, even the ones that do well, live on the brink. it's the nature of the business.
    same goes for indy or small regional retailers ... in fact, most smb's live close to the edge.
    i've run a business during the 2000 market crash and the 08 meltdown. imo, what's ahead for us over the next 6 mos for sure, more likely 12 and poss 18 mos will be like nothing we've ever seen.
    unemployment is the tip of the iceberg. the global economy lives and dies w consumer spending.

15. DW11-87

DW11-87 Active Member

Sounds like one of Hippies girlfriends...sorry, couldn't resist.

Derek

16. Rick Barker

Hertz filed for Chapter 11 today.

17. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

They rent Fords so Ford stock will fall some too.

18. rw993

rw993 Banned User Banned

When this is over (IF EVER) it will go down in history as a Small Business cleansing. Shift of market share in retail and small service will be huge.

RickN thanked this.
  19. rw993

rw993 Banned User Banned

It is appropriate (at least safe) to do what a 350lb woman tells you to do.

20. Rick Barker

There will A lot of large and small business closings and it will be because of government, not WalMart.

BryanF thanked this.