Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Toys are more fun than money. I tell my wife that every time she comments about the money invested in the contents of my gun safe.

Ed

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
I hoard junk, it's cheap and takes up the space high priced stuff could go

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sure am glad they don't consider once fired hulls hoarding, I would be in big trouble but not as much as some trap shooters I know! :)

Brownk80

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I am a hoarder but not a real bad one. I have started going through my STUFF and trying to thin it out as my wife keeps reminding me that she doesn't know what's good and what isn't. If something happens to me she will be stressed enough without having to deal with it all. I closed my business several years ago and still have boxes of stuff that I haven't looked through in years. Some new and some used. I get stressed trying to figure out what to get rid of. LOL Jackie B.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The title bugs me. Hoarders usually keep things of some value, I recall the term from coin collecting, where people who have barrels of coins squirreled away. A lot of us also probably hoard spent shells or primers.

The folks on the show Hoarders, keep garbage, usually. I'd say they are slobs or dirtbags, not hoarders.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Devi where you been? Anyhow the worst part about hoarding.... after all the shelves in the garage are full of junk.... The hard drive on the computer is filling up with pics. Some I like, some I just keep. Does anybody know where/what this pic is ??

Wayne

wayneo_2008_0303232.jpg

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
At Fort Sill Oklahoma I was in charge of supply of my unit. My nick name was "the pack rat". When soldiers were being processed to go back home, I would trade smokes for Field Army jackets, combat boots, uniforms, anything that I could resell. One day my CO started calling me Bilko as I held the rank of E5. I can not begin to tell you the great time I had. Then one day I was transfered to be a company clerk in headquarters. That was a good job too, but best job I ever had was being in charge of supply. 39 years later I am still a pack rat. You never know when you will need something, so I do not like to throw out anything of value.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
WS-1 yep, Pilot MT. My daughter lives in Charlotte and I spent some time buying pottery in Seagrove. Came back to Indiana I-74 to I-77.

Wayne

·
Registered
622 Posts
Has anybody ever noticed that sometimes things just appear?

For instance, my wife will ask me "where did that gun come from"?

My reply is always the same: "Gee Hon, I don't remember".

Is there a fine line between collecting and hoarding?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.