Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OT- On-line prescription lenses

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  perga1 
#1 ·
Has anyone on the site ever sent their frames to one of the on-line replacement lenses companies. I am looking at ReplaceA lens in Colorado and $39 dollar glasses in New York. Both companies sell Polycarbonate progressive lenses in the $89 range. Anyone ever use these companies or another perhaps? JRM

G
#2 ·
After what I went through to have prescription shooting lenses made, I have no idea how I would have accomplished it through the mail. It took 3 lenses before the optomitrist got the optical center exactly right in the right lens. I took my gun to the office twice so he could see exactly where the center needed to be placed. True, I have a rather strong prescription so the placement of the center is critical but I can't imagine a cyber company getting it right without having you sitting in front of them.

Mike

#3 ·
I have used "Eyeglasses.com" twice and just recently "FramesDirect.com" both with good results. Both have done progressives and single vision replacements for my Randolphs.

I live in Colorado and have never heard of Replace-a-lens....if that means anything.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Cortopar, I called Zenni and they won't do just lenses. Thanks for the heads-up, when I need glasses I will surely give them a shot. I need lenses made for the wife's frames which, of course, have to be much fancier than what Zenni offers. Anyone else have any experience with ordering glasses or lenses over the net? JRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.