Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OT Michael Waltrip Does It Again!

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  blizzard 
#1 ·
Saturday Nite about 2:00 am a college student came upon Michaels wrecked SUV on its roof in the ditch, She thuoght no one was in the car until he crawled out the back window in sweat pants and no shoes.She told him she had called 911 and Michael decided to walk home(which was only about a mile).
2:00 am he refused to answer the door for the cops, sounds fishy but he only got charged with reckless driving and failure to report an accident.
This guy can't even drive on the public highways much less on the track! AOL headline news.I bet NAPA is pissed!

#8 ·
Hey Brett,

Got a bee in your bonnet about Waltrip? I'm a NASCAR fan and a Waltrip fan. I live in NC.

Draw my own conclusions? OK. 95% chance alcohol was involved. 2 a.m., walked home, wouldn't answer the door.

However, let me say this - and I am not defending DUI. He drove his car into a ditch. He hurt the car and the ditch.

DUI should be amended to tort. When you hurt yourself or your car, you are hurt. When you drink and drive and hurt someone else, you should be punished and pay.

It is tragic when a drunk driver hits someone's car and kills people. It is not less tragic when a careless driver speeds down the interstate and crosses the center lane and kills people. It is not less tragic when someone is in a hurry and runs a stop sign and kills people.

Be gentle.

Danny

#14 ·
Cal,

it was a land cruiser.

danny,

i don't understand why you would say " be gentle", as if i was going to argue with you? i just wasn't going to come out and say what you said, because, well, mikey's a little different and with him you just never know.

what i won't be gentle on, is being a fan of the guy. did you know that when stuart and harvick started their idea of setting up a fund to help out the old guys that are now broke, like ard and allison, and to help out younger drivers who get seriously injured, that michael waltrip and jeff gordon stepped forward and were vocally AGAINST the idea?

they both said that drivers should be responsible for themselves and that's it. pretty easy to do when your already super rich. lest michael forget that he would be working at mcdonalds if it wasn't for who his brother is.

brett d.

#13 ·
Cal,

it was a land cruiser.

danny,

i don't understand why you would say " be gentle", as if i was going to argue with you? i just wasn't going to come out and say what you said, because, well, mikey's a little different and with him you just never know.

what i won't be gentle on, is being a fan of the guy. did you know that when stuart and harvick started their idea of setting up a fund to help out the old guys that are now broke, like ard and allison, and to help out younger drivers who get seriously injured, that michael waltrip and jeff gordon stepped forward and were vocally AGAINST the idea?

they both said that drivers should be responsible for themselves and that's it. pretty easy to do when your already super rich. lest michael forget that he would be working at mcdonalds if it wasn't for who his brother is.

brett d.

#17 ·
It was a Toyota Land Cruiser that not only made it into the ditch, but kept Mikey from being dead. Not only not being dead, but having only a couple cuts and bruises to show for it.

Alcohol involved? Probably. Enough to be wasted enough to drive into a ditch in a drunken stupor? Probably not. Hell, he could still walk home; and most people don't hit the watering hole in sweats and slippers.

I do know from experience that these NASCAR bozos don't know the meaning of rest. Knowing that Mikey has real problems on the circuit right now, he's probably not had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. He's probably got at least $20M that he's dumped into the flaming disaster that is Michael Waltrip Racing Inc. Could you sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.