Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man is it cold here in Eastern Oregon. -9 degrees and I can't start the tractor's and my 1/2 mile driveway is drifted in. Shot a Turkey shoot Sunday in 10 degree weather in a snow storm. The only thing I can get started is my Dodge diesel pickup which I leave plugged in. The animals aren't all that happy either, been feeding straight alfalfa for 5 days now. Glad I grow the stuff as its selling for $250 per ton. I hope I kept enough for my critters.

What's it like in your area? RG

·
Registered
94 Posts
Supposed to get to 74 today with a little rain here in Sumter, SC. Might go shoot a couple of rounds in the rain holds off. Sure miss the cold weather though.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Its so cold here in Arizona I had to turn the heat on last night ... Only supposed to make it into the 60's today ... Brrrr.. WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Today in KS we are to reach mid 20's. Fortunate that little to no wind (uncommon). Yesterday we hunted and my ole pup had ice on his whiskers and belly. It was a balmy 14.

·
Registered
457 Posts
At this time of year, I'd like snow for the grandkids. But, I'm in a T shirt and the sun is out and the temp is in mid 70s -- Baton Rouge, La. Went to the gun club this morning. Didn't shoot. Gun is off having forearm fixed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
58 and rain in NE Tennessee. Worked around Lexington, KY last two days, around 29F with freezing rain and a couple three inches of snow. Glad to be home.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This spring it was so cold that when checking my corn I found three kernels of corn huddled around a cutworm trying to stay warm.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
3 Degrees this am in Fallon NV. Great weather sunny, calm and clear, just a little cool. Wish it would snow again ....

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
11 degrees in the valley last night! Willamette Valley of Western Oregon that is. Jeff

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Last Mondat it was only 30* at the Jersey shore and the ocean was flat as a pancake . Never saw it like that . Only caught 1 Striper off the jetty but this Monday it was 60 and we all caught 1 each .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.