Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
You receive different ideas because they don't agree with your idea and now you want to blame others with some phony BS. Sound familiar.

I don't doubt your intentions are well meant. Who is beating up on WW. I think if you will check with the powers that be at OSTA they were going to make WW a recipient a year or two ago and changed because WW wouldn't recognize shooting event or endorse or whatever.

Beat up on WW, if you would come to an ATA shoot you would see that I very proudly wear one of several WW shirts from various WW shoots that I have participated in at the Dollar.

Do as you wish but maybe you ought to get some input from the OSTA and seeing as how you are "promoting" it here the OSTA should come on here and endorse your plan.

Quite frankly I hope you or whomever raises a ton for the charity of choice so do a cranial-anal-extraction when others suggest something.

Don

·
Vendor
19,417 Posts
Jack Fishburn rolls his eyes once again.

Gary, if your goal is to lower attendance at Cardinal, you are succeeding.

·
Vendor
19,417 Posts
Clyde. I give your comment it's due... But Gary is mainly still trying to prove that 3 hole and 30 yards is what ATA should adopt nationwide. And using Cardinal as the new central point of trapshooting rather than Sparta. Nothing more.

Jack

·
Registered
557 Posts
Neil,monday is sctp/fun day,tues.is preliminary day,wednesday first day of shoot.According to r.j. stuart,roughly 900 shot tues.,double that wed.,42% of the shooters were from out of state.It would appear mon.,tues.are travel time for most shooters so the question is how many shooters are actually present for this to be a success

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gary

Know one is beating up on the Wounded Warriors and its nice that you would like to do something for them ... but the problem is the long range yardage that you want to shoot.

Them day's shooting back in the grass & parking lots are over and a lot of gun club that still let guy's shoot back pass the 27yd line are finding this out the hard way. There shooters have left and they only have a hand full of guys that even show up any more. Then the funny thing is if you go to one of their club meeting's the first thing they like to know is where did the trap shooters go and the club not making money from trap shooting any more. Then you stand up at this meeting and try to tell them whats going on and they still don't get it.

Keep it on the concrete and you find out you will have a lot more shooters and make more money for the Wounded Warriors.

That's my 2 cents !

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will jump on here with a little history of the Fun Day idea. On Monday of the Ohio State Shoot it is SCTP day. However many campers arrive on Monday and asked if there was anything available for them to do that day. At the same time we had on TS.COM the on going rivalry between Dr. Longshot and BIGDON.

Thanks for Brad Dysinger getting both Gary and Don to agree to a "Grudge Match". Once we had that in place we then partnered with White Flyer to provide pink targets for practice with the proceeds from that being split between local cancer research and a local veterans organization.

We then added a current and prior military event in which the several winners were awarded a WOUNDED WARRIORS coin. A challenge board for the Grudge Match was sold with the winner receiving $500.00 and the remainder going to the OSTA foundation which provide scholarships to our college youth.

Last year we had face painting and a silent auction with the proceeds going to the Dyslexia center in Cleveland and the Shriners hospital in Cincinnati. We also had a one of a kind turned bowl made by George Stamper with 419 pieces of wood as a top prize for one of our charity shoots with the procedds going to the charities listed above.

Last but not least, thanks to BottomDollar guns and Archery we were able to have a miss and out competition from the 27 yard marker from the last shot fired at Vandalia.

The targets were hand pulled, set at 3 hole and thrown 52 yards and ecah round alternated between two different traps. All in attendance had a great time and monies were generated for charity.

Plans are under way for the 2014 Ohio State Shoot which again will have a Fun Day with events to be announced. I hope all who are on the Cardinal Center grounds for the SCTP/Fun Day will participate in one or more of our events.

Thanks

Roger Edgington, OSTA Past President

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
blade819_2008_030374.jpg

I was there for the 2012 Grudge match. What started out as a fun way to raise some money for a good cause, has in my opinion, turned into dung! All.... because of one person who seemed to receive no satisfaction in winning but does receive satisfaction by stirring the pot. This reminds me of a sorry old man with little in life other than to cause trouble by bitching and moaning about anything. Pity is a last resort but I have a great deal for who I'm talking about.

blade819

1 - 14 of 14 Posts