Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I watched again "Saving Private Ryan" IMHO it is one of the all-time greats. Both the movie and Tom Hanks were nominated for an Oscar, but neither won, losing out to the fluff piece "Shakespeare in Love".

Another snub was Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in "Tombstone". I think he should have won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor hands down, but I don't think he was even nominated.

What are some of your picks?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I totally agree on Val When he played Doc Holiday......... In fact I heard some critic way back then slamming him for using an unidentifiable accent. ??? I remember the pukes comment because I thought his character was one of the best I had ever seen played; very edgy and dark.

Did you happen to see him in the movie The Doors as Jim Morrison? Wow. He nailed it. Creepy how much he sounded, moved and behaved like the Lizard King.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're right Val Kilmer should have at least been nominated. As far as numbnuts Hanks, maybe he can call his big buddy Oblowhole about it. He's on our list of "don't watch their movies anymore".

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Saving Private Ryan has some great shoot-em up sequences but after you watch it a couple of times it gets really sappy at the end (as in everything Spielberg). Great performances, I think not. Compare Tom Hanks in SPR with Vic Morrow in the TV show Combat - no comparison at all.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
You can bet your Butt that BrokeA$$ Mountain got nominated and won...had those Hollywood and NYC rump rangers salivating I'm sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts