Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are going down to Orlando next week to see my son and wife and grandkids. Anyone know where to shoot some skeet around there close?? Your help and suggestions will be appreciated. Terry aka Smoggy

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
There is NO place to shoot trap or skeet in the Orlando vicinity without driving 60 - 90 minutes to it. Never could figure out why Orlando is like this. Years ago there use to be a shooting club that included trap off of Apopka Vineland Road in SW Orange Country but they sold the property as it became more and more valuable. I lived in that are for 24 years.

blade819

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Joe, I talked with my son on the phone about an hour ago and he told me about Volusia. I was out to Volusia Dirt Track when I was down to Daytona in Feb for speed week and the Daytona 500. He said we will go to Volusia when we are down there..... Thanks again... Terry

·
Banned
40 Posts
As an update/correction, Orange Co. Trap and Skeet was a great club on Apopka-Vineland Rd in SW Orlando. The club closed when the Dr. Phillips family decided to sell the property because of it's value. The club leased the land. I drove back there last year to where the club was and it's strange seeing a housing development on the club location!

Blessings,
Nelson

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am taking one of my trap guns also, you guys didn't think I was a skeet only man did you? I have the unfortunate affliction of liking them both almost equally. If you ask my wife she says she can't figure out why I need so many different guns to shoot clay targets with. LOL Terry

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
If your going more then once I recommend you pick up a membership ($25).

That allows you to purchase a 10 round punch card for $50. 11th round free.

If no membership, $7 a round.

By the way, when you pull into the parking area they are not having a shoot, they always have a full house this time of the year. Must be one of the top 10 small clubs on the east coast in regard to rounds shot each week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts