Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation to an eye doc in the MSP area that understands the shooting sports?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

David

·
Sky Buster
4,036 Posts
Chanhassen Vision Clinic. The Doc/owner is a shooter.
I had presciption shooting glasses made for pistol
competition. He had me bring my handgun into his office
for my fitting.

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
As old as you are and as yet you do not know that everyone loves their doctor? I can just picture Sky Buster and his doc doing quick draws when the door closed. Funny stuff you guys.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Depends on why you need to see an eye dr. If it's something like double vision, cloudy vision or any of the myriad problems associated with vision, see an Ophthalmologist, not an Optometrist. The first fixes eyes, the second makes eyeglasses.

When my Optometrist was doing an eye exam 3 years ago, she said "WHOA!!!!! your eyes have really deteriorated in the past 2 years". She got me up out of the chair and said, "Hie thee across the highway to the Eye Clinic and see Dr. Charles Yancey". I did, he did cataract surgery on my right eye 4 weeks later. Did the second one 2 weeks after that. I still can't play the violin, but I can see the clay targets real good.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dr. Daniel Day, NW Eye Clinic in Robbinsdale and Plymouth offices. Saved my eye sight twice. He is a hunter.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with sky buster recommendation and doc spent at least 30 minutes in most thorough eye exam ever. But the prescription did not change... There goes that excuse.

Thanks John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts