Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my state it is illigle to gamble. Im not sure the age limit on gambling in states it is legal. But I guess my quetion is, is puttong money on options at a trapshot gambling? They let anyone do it, like kids. I play them, but I don't see how cause in my eyes its gambling

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
If you are betting on yourself it is not gambling. Calcuttas are not legal in many states for that reason. You are betting on someone else by buying that team.

·
5,376 Posts
... how do options differ from say "poker" which one court recently declared a game of skill, yet still considered gambling...

Jay

·
Registered
16,721 Posts
Options are not gambling in the theoretical sense since your performance affects the outcome.

You are already paying an entry fee which may or may not include prize money. An option is just an increase in that expense.

A Lewis purse may be considered gambling since one of the determining factors is how the numbers fall, and you don't control that.

HM

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
In Kentucky, gambling is illegal. However, betting on horse races in general is allowed as wagering on a horse race is considered to be "an exercise in judgement."

Ed Ward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.