Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Yup that will happen to most near every gun when you put the wrong choke in, got to pay attention :unsure:

Reactions: Russ-in-Pa

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Are you sure? Have you had the barrel checked by a competent gunsmith?

If you got away with no damage you can count yourself as being extremely fortunate.
I agree with OD, seems like most of the time the barrels swell in the pictures that I’ve seen... hard to believe there was no damage... hope he takes it to someone that will thoroughly inspect.

· Premium Member
1,784 Posts
One of the dumbest moves by Beretta was making a different choke system that screws in to a previous style choke system. Glad that was all the damage. Could have been worse. I'm confident your friend will never make the same mistake again. Good shooting, Rey

· Registered
1,197 Posts
One of the dumbest moves by Beretta was making a different choke system that screws in to a previous style choke system. Glad that was all the damage. Could have been worse. I'm confident your friend will never make the same mistake again. Good shooting, Rey
Well Rey, I agree with you a lot.... the manufacturers should not machine threads In such a way that it could be mistaken for a different model ............. but I would hate to ruin the beauty of a shotgun barrel with a paragraph of instructions making sure you understand the rules, and which choke system you have... at some point folks have to be attentive to all of their surroundings while shooting and own up to ignorance. I could be wrong sir but.... these guys could be reloading too!!!!

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Browning chokes are named similar, Invector, Invector Plus, Invector DS seems they can't think of a new name when they change to a new choke system.

· Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well, at least Browning was smart enough to make the dimensions different enough on the Invector chokes where you cannot possibly fit the wrong choke into the barrel. The Invector is too short to go into an Invector Plus barrel. The Invector Plus choke to to big in diameter to go into an Invector barrel. Both will not work in an Invector DS barrel. Regards, Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.