Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time for me to buy myself my customary annual treat.
Just before Christmas each year I buy myself a top notch single malt Scotch.
Would like to see what you prefer. Thanks

·
Banned
539 Posts
If you have to drink scotch, just buy the cheap crap, it all tastes like cardboard. I you want a real drink, buy some Don Julio Extra Añejo.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Glenmorangie

They have a number of varieties. Port Wood finish is my favorite. All are good. Pair with a good cigar.

Don Verna

·
Registered
11,414 Posts
I thought I liked scotch, then I tried Jameson's Irish Whiskey. The off the shelf stuff is good. The older stuff, even better.

Bushmill's 21 year single malt is good too.

If you are stuck on scotch, I liked Balvenie Port Wood, the 21 year old stuff.

Truth known, I really don't drink much, though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Not too familiar with Single Malt, although I do have a bottle of Glen Fiddich that was given to me as a gift.

I prefer 12 yr old Chivas Regal or 12 yr old Johnny Walker Black, these are a blend.

Enjoy!

Allen

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
Glen Fiddich or Glen Livet are good ones

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I really like good scotch and like you I only buy the good stuff once in a while. Glennrothes. It is by far my favorite and it is in the $50 range so it wont hurt ya too bad in the pocket. It will be about 16 years depending on store. I also like a good Tequila

·
Registered
149 Posts
TALISKER is known for its unique spicy flavour with an above average peat content (while not as peaty as an Islay malt). The high phenol level and distinct taste may prove "challenging" for the casual whisky drinker. This is especially true in the 10 year old version, while the 18 year old has a less dramatic, more subtle flavour. In 2007 Talisker 18 year old won "Best Single Malt In The World 2007" at the World Whiskies Awards.

·
Registered
182 Posts
He said Scotch. Did you all miss that part?

Bowmore (affordable)

Macallan (for the rich guys)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.