Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new deer rifle and considering a CZ 550. I have heard good things about the rimfire rifles. Anyone own a CZ centerfire and care to comment?

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
The CZ rifles are very good and provide a lot of quality for the money.

That said, I have one bone to pick with them. They use a controlled round feed, a la Mauser and Win M70 pre 64.

Single loading for prairie dog shooting makes for excessive wear on the claw extractor, and loading the clip every 5 shots is a PITA. My Pdog guns are single shot or have a magazine adaptor.

That's why I have none. If I needed a hunting rifle that would be my first choice.

If your usage fits I would reccomend them highly.

HM

HM

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
All that I have been exposed to are great shooters.Jeff

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Their offroad motorcycles back in the day were very high quality. One guy even took a hare and hounds overall in the Mojave riding a CZ.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
CZ made Jawa too, ruled the speedway venues of Europe and the Baltics for many years. My old short track partner Horsepower (Chuck Felton) had a Jawa stashed away in a barn someplace but after he got killed racing no one could find it.

HM

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, looking forward to becoming a CZ owner. I think I will stay with Harley and BWW, they are still in production.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Harley very tough to motocross. CZ bikes were producing world champs back when Soichiro Honda was making piston rings for Toyota.

BMW got into off road a lot the last couple decades, With great ISDT bikes. The HP2 is awesome, 1100 CC and 100 HP.

The CZ logo on the guns is the same as the one the bikes had.

HM

·
Supporting Vendor
10,121 Posts
Their shotguns suck, but their rifles are alright.

Btw, is a 39 06 some kind of European wild cat load?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.