Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into posession of a beautiful engraved Win Mdl 12 28" with Cutts and solid rib(the engraving is beautiful and impressive, but I don't think it is factory)....I have several ideas about making some changes to the gun and would like opinions please. I have a complete forward assembly marked trap on the tube,(actually have the complete gun, but stock is cut way short..) but it has a vent rib, so the rib and top of receiver of the engraved gun would have to be altered. If possible it would make one heck of a combo. The other option is to have the older trap gun(worn blue, cut stock, but excellent mechanically)reblued and restocked..I am doing this for my own enjoyment and to shoot the guns, not collector...Thanks WC

·
Registered
829 Posts
Since you asked for opinions, I will express mine. Leave the Cutts gun as it is. Get another stock for the gun marked Trap. If it's marked on the tube it must be a roughback, is the top of the receiver knurled? I would have it re-blued and the stock lengthened with some sort of spacer, then you would have 2 nice M-12's.

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.