Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on the following:

Browning CXT

Browning BT-99

Beretta Multitarget

Beretta Parallel Target

I had posts earlier about the Beretta’s. Now I’ve added the Brownings into the equation. I shoot dingles and handicap. Recoil is not a concern. If I go with a Beretta a shell catcher will be used. Looking for shoot ability and durability from a users standpoint. I know it’s best to go shoot and handle these guns but that is not an option for awhile. I have used the search function and read a great deal of info on these models just not compared to each other. If there are other guns in this same price range, feel free to recommend. Once again thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic. Two more posts and you can buy one from Mike Battista, I think he still has some.

Get something with an adjustable comb, whatever you get. That jumps the prices of all of the above up some, except the Multitarget, which already has it. The 1100 Competition Synthetic also has one, plus a great recoil reduction device, which while was not the feature I bought my 1100 Comp. for, I have really come to appreciate. You can buy two, almost three 1100 Competitions for what a Multitarget will cost you, and despite the naysayers that will follow with "Yeah, you'll need two to keep one running", as long as it is maintained, reliability is not a problem. It is heavier than the Berettas, but for Trap, this is not a negative thing.

·
Premium Member
8,944 Posts
I really believe that only you can make this decision. I highly suggest that you shoot as many different types, makes and models as you possibly can.
Of course your price range will also come into play. Then after narrowing the search, you could ask questions regarding your choice, to hear what others think about it.
MG

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since no doubles are involved I vote bt-99 they are a workhorse and a lot of gun for the money with different configurations to choose from. It will all come down to what fits the best. I would also look at the citori cx or the beretta 680 series which can be found in unsingle or top single.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well I think you have answered your own question. You stated you shoot doubles, so the 99 is out. When you shoot 3-400 a day for multiple days in a row, semi autos require a little more love than a o/u

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I would lean toward a double barrel for ease and safety. I to recommend looking at the Beretta 600 series. An old timer once told me if you can't shoot a Browning, you can most likely shoot a Beretta. See if you can try one of each out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I previously owned a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic as my first skeet/trap gun. I really liked it a lot but it was surprisingly heavy over a standard 1100. If you have a chance, I'd recommend handling one and making sure you are good with the weight before purchasing. For reference, I bought it used for $1000 and sold it to Cabalas in Sep-2019 for $650.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I previously owned a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic as my first skeet/trap gun. I really liked it a lot but it was surprisingly heavy over a standard 1100. If you have a chance, I'd recommend handling one and making sure you are good with the weight before purchasing. For reference, I bought it used for $1000 and sold it to Cabalas in Sep-2019 for $650.
I bought one, sold it without shooting it, talked my self into another one and shot it exactly 25 times before putting it up for sale. Stock seemed like something off a kid's gun, really small, and the gun was just too bbl heavy. No LOP adjustment. Try before you buy.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
All good choices and you should try them all.
The BT99 is simple and dependable.
The CXT as well.

Its All Good
West

This ^^
CXT if you prefer more of a 70/30 pattern
CX if you like a little flatter shooter in the 60/40 range

My experience with Beretta has been very limited since I have never held one that just felt right to me

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bt99 was by far for the money the best I love mine and have others but as far as dependability the 99 trumps em all Although I’m still buying other makes Like a woman with shoes never can have too many

1 - 17 of 17 Posts