Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you that make shot. I have some lead and was wondering what would be a fair trade to some one who makes shot? Say I have 100#'s of cleaned raw lead wheel weights, What would be a fair exchange in finished shot? I am curious to hear what you think is fair?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
The way I work it when I get lead from someone is to swap 50/50 for the weight. The reason being is that I've got to melt them down to make ingots and then run the rest of the process to make nice clean shot suitable to flow through the loader.

Tom

·
Premium Member
13,859 Posts
I do this with a friend.

If I give him the loose weights he keeps 60% I get 40%, if I sort and make the ingots it is 50/50 - there is a lot of work sorting and melting the weights, you would be surprised at the amount of 'waste' this generates.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all the input , Now another part to the question.............. What are empty shot bags worth to those who drip their own shot???????/ I have a few bags that I would like to add to the trade Im gonna make with a shot maker Ant help is appreciated

thanks

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.