Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had stock work done by several people and all have done and great job. My question is how would one learn to do this trade? How to know what tools you need? Don't get me wrong here I don't have the time at this point to do it nor the money I am sure. The work they do is very very good and the machines must be special one.

Thanks Corey

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Find someone to teach you. They will have the equipment and knowledge you need to learn this kind of craftsmanship. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I think what Bill said is the key. This is one of those crafts that is best learned studying under someone with the talent and tools not to mention the patience to teach. Sort of like an apprenticeship in the trade.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you are talking about adjustable combs etc. I was surprised to notice most use really simple equipment, band saw, drill press, belt type sander. They all use special jigs. But knowing how and where to cut! that takes talent and knowledge. I have installed some recoil pads, adjustable combs, adjustable butt plates and pitch changes/shortened stocks! Some where pretty good some not so good! My advice pay the pro's,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts