Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching on the forum. Just curious on some opinions from people with experience. I shouldered the Citori XT Trap w/ Adjustable Comb this weekend and the gun fit me perfectly. I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't pick up the Citori 725 Sporting w/ Adjustable comb while I was the gun store.

My purchase is going to be between these two. I need to go and feel the 725 and make sure it fits me.

I prefer have the mechanical triggers on the 725. I like the aesthetics of the XT Trap (gloss wood/receiver). . I like the added weight on the XT - I'm assuming felt recoil would be less on the Citori XT. Just kind on the fence of with what to do...

Would love to hear some opinions from people who have shot both or own both. I am in no rush to buy as I need to sell my current over/under before I can upgrade.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If your going to shoot just trap I would go with the XT trap. But if your going to shoot sporting clays and skeet as well you may want to look at the 725 if it has the adjustable
comb. the XT barrels are regulated so the bottom barrels shoot a little high where the sporting shoot fairly flat but the triggers on the 725 are not mechanical the way you may
think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your going to shoot just trap I would go with the XT trap. But if your going to shoot sporting clays and skeet as well you may want to look at the 725 if it has the adjustable
comb. the XT barrels are regulated so the bottom barrels shoot a little high where the sporting shoot fairly flat but the triggers on the 725 are not mechanical the way you may
think.
I will be shooting trap and skeet.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I own a 725 trap and like it but the triggers will not set sub gauge tubes and are more expensive to convert for sub gauge.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I own both. If trap is what you are going to mostly shoot, go with the XT. The 725 is a lighter gun, a little more felt recoil but it does have good triggers out of the box. As stated above, you cannot shoot sub gage tubes, 28 or 410, in the 725 without getting it worked on. The XT would only need work to shoot 410 tubes in the 12 ga barrels. I have an XT combo set that I really like for trap and can shoot sporting clays and skeet with the o/u barrels also. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have owned both and for trap the XT is far superior in every area except the stock trigger pull. For sporting clays the 725 is by far nicer and easier to swing. The 725 is light and very quick. The 725 also has much more felt recoil than the XT.
For trap and occasional skeet. XT.
Lyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts