Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Opinion: Etchen 687

I considered one for a sporting gun. Ended up buying a barely used set of sporting barrels for my Gold E trap.I did however have to make a new comb as the original one won't adjust low enough for the flat rib on the sporting barrel.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Yes I had one . But the parallel comb wouldn't let me get my eye center of rib . Not the guns fault . I could install an adjustable comb but didn't have the heart to cut the stock . I would recommend buying one . If you can drive or fly out there , you can hand pick the wood you like . It was a great value . I recovered most of my money . Good luck .
lumpy_2013_161120.jpg

·
Registered
597 Posts

If I was in the market for a new gun , this one would be on my short list for sure. Very nice guns in that price range.

I haven`t shot or handled one , so can`t help you there.

I personally would get the 32" pipes , let Etchen install an Adj. comb and be done with it.

Regards , Pete

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts

Yeah, the concept of not putting adjustable hardware on a trap gun that doesn't fit "because the wood is too pretty" never made sense to me.

Still doesn't.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Tim , I understand what you're saying . I bought this gun for skeet , sporting clays , hunting . I loved the clean lines of this gun . I don't care for the look of adjustable combs and butt plates and so forth , and spending hundreds more , so I just bought another gun that fit me and suited my needs . I replaced it with a Guerini Summit and I'm very happy with it . But back to the original post , all my buddies who shot it loved it , and one of them bought it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts