Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get info on when trap can open legally in Ohio for practice. I have called the Ohio Hotline and was told the we are outdoor recreation and are still closed. Not sure the person on the line was totally knowledgeable. Any input on what the state is saying on opening Trap in Ohio, done legally. I understand many clubs are open in Ohio, but our board has a lawyer giving them info and preventing our opening.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wright pat rod and gun club is open Clark county sportsman's club in Springfield Ohio is open Logan county fish and game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That why we have not reopened Mapleton Gun Club Ohio no one knows what is legal or exactly what is required. I work the desk most shoots but we need people who will fix the traps and oversee the trappers. What if the trappers mom and dads don't want them working during this. I know as sure as god made green apples people will congregate on the porch or else where.
We decided to wait and see how it settles out, I don't want to collect identity and enforce the distance rulings or what ever the bureaucracy comes up with. Its a nice hobby and chance to be with old friends and have fun. When its not fun I just don't want to do it anymore.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see what the Governor of Ohio said about reopening. Can't really tell from that and other info on line how that affects trap shooting in Ohio. Any one know better about this.

·
Registered
568 Posts
From day one Trump has stated that gun shops AND shooting ranges are essential businesses.Let the Governors stay at home without income and wait in mile long lines at the food bank.Then see how fast these states open up.Let the shooters decide if they feel safe attending.

·
Registered
484 Posts
No I'm retired thank you. However if he lived in the vicinity that I mentioned I could tell him where to shoot some practice. I don't see how my employment status is relevant to this subject. By the the way that's a nice bird dog you have there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
SPORTS LEAGUES (NON-CONTACT, LIMITED CONTACT): MAY 26
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, sports leagues in Ohio will be permitted to operate if these leagues can meet required safety protocols. This applies only to non-contact and limited-contact sports. Safety protocols for high-contact sports are in development.
Isn't trapshooting a sport with no contact?

·
Keystone Shooter
2,124 Posts
Quote; Trying to get info on when trap can open legally in Ohio for practice. Quote
Right Now! If they choose!
These so called edicts, rules, executive orders, laws, issued by these Power mad Governors are totally illegal. In total violation of the US Constitution, and NOT enforceable. Oh they threaten to use the State Police, the County Sheriff’s, the Local Police, to enforce their edicts, but here in Pennsylvania it’s not working. The County District Attorneys are refusing to prosecute. County Sheriff’s, local police and even the State Police aren’t doing anything. They all know it’s in direct violation of the US Constitution, which they all swore an oath to protect. Our club In Southwestern Pennsylvania. opened, with some common sense rules in place. Our own rules, not our azzhole Governor’s edicts. Are we worried about the Governor’s gustopo coming to arrest us and take us away? Hell no.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts