1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
15,255 Posts
Hmmm.

Found this on another website for pricing:

Grade 1 550euro
Grade 2 700euro
Grade 3 850euro

Hell, it costs nearly that much to buy a replacement OEM stock for a Browning or Beretta, and significantly more than that for a high grade gun.

So you'd be at 750 euro (just over 900 bucks) with standard grade wood and an adjustable comb. Comparable from Wenig (although with in person fitting instead of e-fitting) would be $2200...

The only caveat would be how custom is custom. European style custom stocks generally don't differ too much from factory dimensions, you certainly don't see any "twisted sister" or "harlan campbell" style stocks. European stocks are generally made for more aggressive mounts and stances, and for european clay target disciplines, which are quite a bit different than US requirements. I wonder if they can/will do more of an "american-esque" style of custom stock with lots of drop at the heel, offset, toe out, ect.

· Registered
5,328 Posts
European style custom stocks generally don't differ too much from factory dimensions, you certainly don't see any "twisted sister" or "harlan campbell" style stocks. European stocks are generally made for more aggressive mounts and stances, and for european clay target disciplines, which are quite a bit different than US requirements. I wonder if they can/will do more of an "american-esque" style of custom stock with lots of drop at the heel, offset, toe out, ect.
Good points. Europeans think "bunker" or maybe "Universal Trench" when the word "trap" is used, and those disciplines generally see a more forward-leaning, head closer to the thumb sort of shooting style. You don't see too many twisters on Olympic shotguns. Hell, the Chinese female skeet team don't even use recoil pads.

· Registered
3,088 Posts
The only caveat would be how custom is custom.
Custom, haha. The one i had them make for my Perazzi was what ever i wanted it to be. Great guys to work with. Found their info and pricing on this forum last year in a skeet thread.

And for large toe out (twisted brother stock) I had them do an inch of toe out to match my main Kolar competition gun. So they will do what ever you like. Their ‘one click’ has to do with them fitting you at a distance through photos/video/measurements and what you like/want/dont want.

The pricing you found is what they supplied me. Hard to pass up a fully custom stock starting at $700.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Custom, haha. The one i had them make for my Perazzi was what ever i wanted it to be. Great guys to work with. Found their info and pricing on this forum last year in a skeet thread.

And for large toe out (twisted brother stock) I had them do an inch of toe out to match my main Kolar competition gun. So they will do what ever you like. Their ‘one click’ has to do with them fitting you at a distance through photos/video/measurements and what you like/want/dont want.

The pricing you found is what they supplied me. Hard to pass up a fully custom stock starting at $700.

Am intrigued. Can we see a pic of their final product for you?

· Registered
2,998 Posts
A fellow trap shooter had the following gun re-stocked by Ricardo then decided to sell it. I've examined it. The woodwork, inletting and finishing are superb. I considered buying it since it fitted me well, but after exchanging messages with Mauro I decided a 1997 gun wasn't worth the asking price.

A friend of mine in the gun trade has popped over to Portugal to have several guns re-stocked for his own use at Helice and Olympic trap. He rates Ricardo very highly. I've not been so far having used Essevierre to date.

· Registered
3,088 Posts
Would you mind if I asked.....
What grade of wood you purchased ?
What was cost of Stock/Forend ?
How is wood to metal fit ?
Cost of Options .. glove grip / checkering / recoil pad ?

Thanks

Cesare
I don't have their price list handy but once you get in contact with them they send it over.

Wood to metal fit was great. I had my usual stockmaker take a look at the fit to see if it needed anything and it really didn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.