Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the reason for selling a K80 (or similar gun) in pieces a way to get more money for the gun or is there another reason?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think it's a matter of both, maybe you may get more for some parts and less for others. It's another way of marketting the gun and ultimately selling it.

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock and forearm, barrels, hard case and the receiver....I don't mean stripped clear down to the screws....lol

·
Supporting Vendor
10,520 Posts
Depends on the gun. On say a 391, you can easily double your money by breaking it up, but on a K gun, not likely.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I sold two of them and made more money selling them in pieces than I would have in one piece but does make a difference on what they are.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Unless it's broken and you're trying to sell the usable parts, I can't Figure out why you'd want to part out a good trap gun. Kinda like having a really nice '69 Camaro and parting it out???

Ron

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I have parted out several K-Guns and P-Guns and have sold the parts on here. I find that is the best way to sell. Example: If you decide to sell the entire gun, you have to find someone who is wanting the entire gun. With a K-80, you could sell the receiver and forend iron and someone would buy who is looking for a back-up. Take the barrels, someone might want to keep their barrels original but really want Wilkinson or Allor work. They will buy the barrels.

I have always made a quicker sale of gun by parting out.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.