Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one, to me anyway, weak point of the 1100 or 1187 action is the Feed Latch. That is the long thin pice that is staked in on the side of the receiver. This piece has worked its way loose on both the 1100 and the 1187 I use. (these two actions are virtually identical so from now on it will be referred to as an 1100.) Far to often, when pulling out the trigger group for cleaning, this latch will pop out. So far I have tried re-staking the latch, after through cleaning and de-greasing, using super glue, using Gorilla Glue and now, my most recent attempt is using JB Weld to hold this latch in place.

All the previous attempts fail and let the latch loose in a matter of months. This mounting by way of staking the latch in seems to be the weakest link in the 1100's action long term . When this latch works itself loose on your 1100 what do you do to reinstall and secure it in place? And how many rounds does the fix you use, hold up to repeated use?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I have restaked one and superglued one. I can't remember which is which. If you use the pin to hold it in place, it can be installed loose, as well. I remove the bolt every time I clean mine, but only occasionally pull the trigger assembly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It is a very weak point in the gun. I have had 5 or 6 break off over time with my 1100 or 1187. Usually every season or two.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Gorilla glue works best. Make sure the latch and slot in the receiver are clean and free of oil. Align with the trigger pin and use two small clamps to hold until the glue sets. Not perfect but you can live with it. The problem is exacerbated by people who are anal about cleaning the inside of the receiver and trigger housing. The gun doesn't need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts