Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omega is now complete. This is number 48 Krieghoff made in 1958. Started out as a Trap 28" barrel choked IM/F, somewhere along the line it was opened to S/S. It had K model 32 triggers.

I purchased this gun because of the Monte Carlos engraving. The quality is excellent, the inlays are silver and the first thing I noticed were all of the animals heads feet etc were proportionate which is not the case in many engravings, because of reflections you can't see all of the detail on animals eyes spots and hair etc.No one knows who the engraver was, as many of the early guns were not signed, but definitely a master.

I had Phillip do a complete K80 trigger internals and complete trigger and barrel selector and install double releases. The barrels include the original 28", Phillip fitted the following a 32" top single, 32" 12 ga Sporting, 28 ga 32" Sporting, I shoot 28 ga in 20 ga events, and a 410 32" Sporting. You can say this is a gun for all disciplines. He then, fitted the stock added an adjustable comb, ISIS recoil pad, finished and sent the gun out for checkering. Lopez engraving Bandera Texas did the grip cap. I chose The Omega sign as this is my last competition gun, It was for my 75th Birthday.

I really like the old guns, as a time when people took pride in their work. I found this to be true with Phillip's gunsmith and with Lopez engraving. I would recommend Phillip to any one who needs quality work on their firearms.

Thank you for allowing me to show my pride and joy.

Buster

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.